idea to improve website

Olivier
Hi,

I just downloaded Xubuntu to give it a try on a old laptop.
While looking for 'system requirement'  needed, l was disappointed finding only the
- RAM minimum requirement and
- HDD Space storage minimum requirement

Maybe, it should be a great idea to add :
- CPU minimum requirement and
- Grpahic card minimum requirement

Thanks for all the job you do and have a nice day

Olivier
300380 Tianjin
Chine

Re: idea to improve website

Elizabeth Krumbach
On Sat, Aug 31, 2019 at 10:19 AM Olivier <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I just downloaded Xubuntu to give it a try on a old laptop.
> While looking for 'system requirement'  needed, l was disappointed finding only the
> - RAM minimum requirement and
> - HDD Space storage minimum requirement
>
> Maybe, it should be a great idea to add :
> - CPU minimum requirement and
> - Grpahic card minimum requirement
>
> Thanks for all the job you do and have a nice day

Hi Olivier, thanks for the feedback!

Can you submit a report in our website bug tracker?
https://bugs.launchpad.net/xubuntu-website

This will allow us to track the request and follow-up with you as
needed on whatever solution we come up with. I will say that when the
RAM requirement is satisfied, most CPUs that are paired with the
preferred amount of RAM are sufficient these days and I'm not sure we
really have a Ghz or core number preference. On the graphics card
side, it's more about performance and general Linux support, so it may
be tricky to articulate that (and most of them just work, at least to
some degree).