install libapache2-mod-passenger w/out conflicts

install libapache2-mod-passenger w/out conflicts

Gary Aitken
I'm trying to install redmine 4.1.1, ruby 2.6.6, and apache2.
I have all of those installed; apache2 via a pkg, and ruby and redmine from
downloads.

Unfortunately, when I try to install libapache2-mod-passenger, it wants to
install these other packages:
   fonts-lato javascript-common libjs-jquery libruby2.5 passenger rake ruby ruby-did-you-mean ruby-minitest
   ruby-net-telnet ruby-power-assert ruby-rack ruby-test-unit ruby2.5 rubygems-integration unzip zip

Obviously those will conflict with the newer versions of things like ruby
and rake.  What's the right way to accomplish what I need?

BTW, if anyone can point me to reasonably up-to-date instructions on
connecting a newish redmine to apache2 it would be much appreciated.
The how-tos I've found have all been about 10 years out of date.

Thanks,

Gary

Re: install libapache2-mod-passenger w/out conflicts

Colin Law

On Tue, 15 Dec 2020, 22:37 Gary Aitken, <[hidden email]> wrote:
I'm trying to install redmine 4.1.1, ruby 2.6.6, and apache2.
I have all of those installed; apache2 via a pkg, and ruby and redmine from
downloads.

Unfortunately, when I try to install libapache2-mod-passenger, it wants to
install these other packages:
   fonts-lato javascript-common libjs-jquery libruby2.5 passenger rake ruby ruby-did-you-mean ruby-minitest
   ruby-net-telnet ruby-power-assert ruby-rack ruby-test-unit ruby2.5 rubygems-integration unzip zip

Obviously those will conflict with the newer versions of things like ruby
and rake.  What's the right way to accomplish what I need?

I don't know anything about redmine but perhaps you can use rvm which allows multiple versions of ruby to be installed and used by different applications at the same time.

Colin