installer not loading

parth-2

Hi guys,

          I have a problem using ubuntu 5.10 system on amd 64 nvidia nforce 4 chipset asus motherboard ,

 When I start up and boot from the ubuntu disk the disk boots up but then in the 3rd or 4th step the installer doesn’t load in to the drive saying that the installation was not able to read the disk , but when I run that same damn thing on  other intel architecture pc it works, I also changed the cd it didn’t work , do I need updates of the kernel for working ubuntu on amd architecture?

  parth