installing ups monitor

Previous Topic Next Topic
 
classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
29 messages Options
12
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: installing ups monitor

Gene Heskett-2
On Monday 11 January 2021 14:13:08 Bob wrote:

> ** Reply to message from Bo Berglund <[hidden email]> on Mon,
> 11 Jan 2021 10:16:51 +0100
>
> > On Sun, 10 Jan 2021 12:24:00 +0100, Bo Berglund
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> > >On Sun, 10 Jan 2021 20:19:14 +1100, Karl Auer <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> > >>The above reminds me what I did and how I did it. Because I run a
> > >>Synology NAS, it is important me that it is shutdown in an orderly
> > >>fashion if the power fails. Synology NASes understand APC UPSes
> > >> out of the box, so I used it as a networked UPS monitor and told
> > >> NUT to check the NAS, rather than check the UPS directly. monuser
> > >> and XXXXXXX are the creds it uses to talk to the NAS via SNMP.
> > >>
> > >>If the power failed, the UPS would tell the NAS; the NAS would
> > >> tell anyone who asked, which was what my laptop did via NUT.
> > >>
> > >>So I'm not sure that my configuration is that useful to you.
> > >
> > >Really interesting because I have a Synology NAS as one device on
> > > my network too!
> > >
> > >I will study how it will be done and see if I can get it going via
> > > the NAS.
> >
> > Karl,
> > thanks again for your suggestion to use the Synology NAS as the UPS
> > monitor!
> >
> > It turns out that once I hooked up the RJ45/USB cable that came with
> > the APC ES700 to the USB connector on my Synology Diskstation 212j
> > NAS I was able to enable UPS monitoring and also the network UPS
> > server on Synology. The service itself was present out of the box!
> > :)
> >
> > So now the Synology NAS is checking the UPS state and it will shut
> > down when "battery is low".
> >
> > I also enabled the network UPS server and configured it with the IP
> > address of my Ubuntu 18 server, so I assume that now the "only"
> > thing I need to do is figuring out how the Ubuntu server can use the
> > UPS service on my NAS...
> >
> > I installed package nut yesterday using apt on my Ubuntu server.
> > It entered a non-working state.
> >
> > So now I "just" have to edit some config files, right?
>
> That is correct but I found that most how tos for NUT were lacking
> some of the details.  I found the NUT manual at
> https://networkupstools.org/docs/user-manual.chunked/index.html.  I
> found I needed to go through the entire chapter 6 of that manual to
> get things set up correctly.  The end of chapter 6 describes how to
> set up multiple UPS configurations.
breaking into the thread:
I followed the above tut, but cannot get past this in the syslog:
Jan 11 15:33:59 coyote upsmon[1456]: Login on UPS [myups@localhost]
failed - got [ERR ACCESS-DENIED]
And this in a root shell restarting upsmon:
root@coyote:nut$ killall upsmon
root@coyote:nut$ /sbin/upsmon start
Network UPS Tools upsmon 2.7.4
kill: No such process
/etc/nut/upsmon.conf line 75: invalid directive [gene]
/etc/nut/upsmon.conf line 76: invalid directive password = xxxxxxxxxxxx
/etc/nut/upsmon.conf line 77: invalid directive upsmon master
UPS: myups@localhost (master) (power value 1)
Using power down flag file /etc/killpower

And I, gene, am a member of group nut
Advice?

>
> > With regard to another post in this thread:
> > I have set up my UPS system such that all of these items (and a few
> > more) are on UPS power:
> > - Incoming fiber interface to the Internet
> > - Main ASUS RT-AC86U router
> > - My two Netgear network switches
> > - Synology NAS
> > - Ubuntu Server (the target of my concerns)
> > - IP phone interface box
> >
> > This seems to cover "everything" in case of a power outage so that
> > my internal network will continue operating with internal and
> > Internet connection (assuming the fiber provider's system is still
> > on power).
>
> --
> Robert Blair
>
>
> Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car
> keys to teenage boys.  -- P.J. O'Rourke, Civil Libertarian


Cheers, Gene Heskett
--
"There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
 soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order."
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
If we desire respect for the law, we must first make the law respectable.
 - Louis D. Brandeis
Genes Web page <http://geneslinuxbox.net:6309/gene>

--
ubuntu-users mailing list
[hidden email]
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
Bob
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: installing ups monitor

Bob
** Reply to message from Gene Heskett <[hidden email]> on Mon, 11 Jan
2021 15:39:39 -0500

> On Monday 11 January 2021 14:13:08 Bob wrote:
>
> > ** Reply to message from Bo Berglund <[hidden email]> on Mon,
> > 11 Jan 2021 10:16:51 +0100
> >
> > > On Sun, 10 Jan 2021 12:24:00 +0100, Bo Berglund
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > > >On Sun, 10 Jan 2021 20:19:14 +1100, Karl Auer <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> > > >>The above reminds me what I did and how I did it. Because I run a
> > > >>Synology NAS, it is important me that it is shutdown in an orderly
> > > >>fashion if the power fails. Synology NASes understand APC UPSes
> > > >> out of the box, so I used it as a networked UPS monitor and told
> > > >> NUT to check the NAS, rather than check the UPS directly. monuser
> > > >> and XXXXXXX are the creds it uses to talk to the NAS via SNMP.
> > > >>
> > > >>If the power failed, the UPS would tell the NAS; the NAS would
> > > >> tell anyone who asked, which was what my laptop did via NUT.
> > > >>
> > > >>So I'm not sure that my configuration is that useful to you.
> > > >
> > > >Really interesting because I have a Synology NAS as one device on
> > > > my network too!
> > > >
> > > >I will study how it will be done and see if I can get it going via
> > > > the NAS.
> > >
> > > Karl,
> > > thanks again for your suggestion to use the Synology NAS as the UPS
> > > monitor!
> > >
> > > It turns out that once I hooked up the RJ45/USB cable that came with
> > > the APC ES700 to the USB connector on my Synology Diskstation 212j
> > > NAS I was able to enable UPS monitoring and also the network UPS
> > > server on Synology. The service itself was present out of the box!
> > > :)
> > >
> > > So now the Synology NAS is checking the UPS state and it will shut
> > > down when "battery is low".
> > >
> > > I also enabled the network UPS server and configured it with the IP
> > > address of my Ubuntu 18 server, so I assume that now the "only"
> > > thing I need to do is figuring out how the Ubuntu server can use the
> > > UPS service on my NAS...
> > >
> > > I installed package nut yesterday using apt on my Ubuntu server.
> > > It entered a non-working state.
> > >
> > > So now I "just" have to edit some config files, right?
> >
> > That is correct but I found that most how tos for NUT were lacking
> > some of the details.  I found the NUT manual at
> > https://networkupstools.org/docs/user-manual.chunked/index.html.  I
> > found I needed to go through the entire chapter 6 of that manual to
> > get things set up correctly.  The end of chapter 6 describes how to
> > set up multiple UPS configurations.
> breaking into the thread:
> I followed the above tut, but cannot get past this in the syslog:
> Jan 11 15:33:59 coyote upsmon[1456]: Login on UPS [myups@localhost]
> failed - got [ERR ACCESS-DENIED]
> And this in a root shell restarting upsmon:
> root@coyote:nut$ killall upsmon
> root@coyote:nut$ /sbin/upsmon start
> Network UPS Tools upsmon 2.7.4
> kill: No such process
> /etc/nut/upsmon.conf line 75: invalid directive [gene]
> /etc/nut/upsmon.conf line 76: invalid directive password = xxxxxxxxxxxx
> /etc/nut/upsmon.conf line 77: invalid directive upsmon master
> UPS: myups@localhost (master) (power value 1)
> Using power down flag file /etc/killpower
>
> And I, gene, am a member of group nut
> Advice?

I am not a member of the nut group (it is empty on my system) and everything is
working for me except the UPS does not turn off, still trying to figure this
out.  Because of the way Ubuntu handles the USB to serial interface I did have
to put the nut user in the dialout group.

I did put my userid and password in two of the .conf files.

Look at chapter 6 of the "Network UPS Tools User Manual", url is in my reply
above.  That is what I had to do to get all the .conf entries correct.


> > > With regard to another post in this thread:
> > > I have set up my UPS system such that all of these items (and a few
> > > more) are on UPS power:
> > > - Incoming fiber interface to the Internet
> > > - Main ASUS RT-AC86U router
> > > - My two Netgear network switches
> > > - Synology NAS
> > > - Ubuntu Server (the target of my concerns)
> > > - IP phone interface box
> > >
> > > This seems to cover "everything" in case of a power outage so that
> > > my internal network will continue operating with internal and
> > > Internet connection (assuming the fiber provider's system is still
> > > on power).
> >
> > --
> > Robert Blair
> >
> >
> > Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car
> > keys to teenage boys.  -- P.J. O'Rourke, Civil Libertarian
>
>
> Cheers, Gene Heskett
> --
> "There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
>  soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order."
> -Ed Howdershelt (Author)
> If we desire respect for the law, we must first make the law respectable.
>  - Louis D. Brandeis
> Genes Web page <http://geneslinuxbox.net:6309/gene>

--
Robert Blair


Government is the great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else.  -- Frederic Bastiat, French economist (1801-1850)

--
ubuntu-users mailing list
[hidden email]
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: installing ups monitor

Gene Heskett-2
On Monday 11 January 2021 17:29:06 Bob wrote:

> ** Reply to message from Gene Heskett <[hidden email]> on Mon,
> 11 Jan 2021 15:39:39 -0500
>
> > On Monday 11 January 2021 14:13:08 Bob wrote:
> > > ** Reply to message from Bo Berglund <[hidden email]> on
> > > Mon, 11 Jan 2021 10:16:51 +0100
> > >
> > > > On Sun, 10 Jan 2021 12:24:00 +0100, Bo Berglund
> >
> > <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > > > >On Sun, 10 Jan 2021 20:19:14 +1100, Karl Auer
> > > > > <[hidden email]>
> >
> > wrote:
> > > > >>The above reminds me what I did and how I did it. Because I
> > > > >> run a Synology NAS, it is important me that it is shutdown in
> > > > >> an orderly fashion if the power fails. Synology NASes
> > > > >> understand APC UPSes out of the box, so I used it as a
> > > > >> networked UPS monitor and told NUT to check the NAS, rather
> > > > >> than check the UPS directly. monuser and XXXXXXX are the
> > > > >> creds it uses to talk to the NAS via SNMP.
> > > > >>
> > > > >>If the power failed, the UPS would tell the NAS; the NAS would
> > > > >> tell anyone who asked, which was what my laptop did via NUT.
> > > > >>
> > > > >>So I'm not sure that my configuration is that useful to you.
> > > > >
> > > > >Really interesting because I have a Synology NAS as one device
> > > > > on my network too!
> > > > >
> > > > >I will study how it will be done and see if I can get it going
> > > > > via the NAS.
> > > >
> > > > Karl,
> > > > thanks again for your suggestion to use the Synology NAS as the
> > > > UPS monitor!
> > > >
> > > > It turns out that once I hooked up the RJ45/USB cable that came
> > > > with the APC ES700 to the USB connector on my Synology
> > > > Diskstation 212j NAS I was able to enable UPS monitoring and
> > > > also the network UPS server on Synology. The service itself was
> > > > present out of the box!
> > > >
> > > > :)
> > > >
> > > > So now the Synology NAS is checking the UPS state and it will
> > > > shut down when "battery is low".
> > > >
> > > > I also enabled the network UPS server and configured it with the
> > > > IP address of my Ubuntu 18 server, so I assume that now the
> > > > "only" thing I need to do is figuring out how the Ubuntu server
> > > > can use the UPS service on my NAS...
> > > >
> > > > I installed package nut yesterday using apt on my Ubuntu server.
> > > > It entered a non-working state.
> > > >
> > > > So now I "just" have to edit some config files, right?
> > >
> > > That is correct but I found that most how tos for NUT were lacking
> > > some of the details.  I found the NUT manual at
> > > https://networkupstools.org/docs/user-manual.chunked/index.html.
> > > I found I needed to go through the entire chapter 6 of that manual
> > > to get things set up correctly.  The end of chapter 6 describes
> > > how to set up multiple UPS configurations.
> >
> > breaking into the thread:
> > I followed the above tut, but cannot get past this in the syslog:
> > Jan 11 15:33:59 coyote upsmon[1456]: Login on UPS [myups@localhost]
> > failed - got [ERR ACCESS-DENIED]
> > And this in a root shell restarting upsmon:
> > root@coyote:nut$ killall upsmon
> > root@coyote:nut$ /sbin/upsmon start
> > Network UPS Tools upsmon 2.7.4
> > kill: No such process
> > /etc/nut/upsmon.conf line 75: invalid directive [gene]
> > /etc/nut/upsmon.conf line 76: invalid directive password =
> > xxxxxxxxxxxx /etc/nut/upsmon.conf line 77: invalid directive upsmon
> > master UPS: myups@localhost (master) (power value 1)
> > Using power down flag file /etc/killpower
> >
> > And I, gene, am a member of group nut
> > Advice?
>
> I am not a member of the nut group (it is empty on my system) and
> everything is working for me except the UPS does not turn off, still
> trying to figure this out.  Because of the way Ubuntu handles the USB
> to serial interface I did have to put the nut user in the dialout
> group.
>
> I did put my userid and password in two of the .conf files.
>
> Look at chapter 6 of the "Network UPS Tools User Manual", url is in my
> reply above.  That is what I had to do to get all the .conf entries
> correct.
>
I've done another 2 hours of the 10,000 monkey's scene, but still
syslogging this on a killall upsmon;/sbin/upsmon start:
Jan 11 17:52:18 coyote upsmon[8119]: Init SSL without certificate
database
Jan 11 17:52:18 coyote upsmon[8119]: Login on UPS [myups@localhost]
failed - got [ERR ACCESS-DENIED]

upsc works, FWIW, for both root and gene (first user)

I've been told, on this list, that the SSL error is a never mind.

Next?

Thanks.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
--
"There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
 soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order."
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
If we desire respect for the law, we must first make the law respectable.
 - Louis D. Brandeis
Genes Web page <http://geneslinuxbox.net:6309/gene>

--
ubuntu-users mailing list
[hidden email]
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: installing ups monitor

Karl Auer
On Mon, 2021-01-11 at 18:07 -0500, Gene Heskett wrote:
> Jan 11 17:52:18 coyote upsmon[8119]: Login on UPS [myups@localhost]
> failed - got [ERR ACCESS-DENIED]

Um - is your UPS definitely @localhost? Seems odd.

Regards, K.

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Karl Auer ([hidden email])
http://www.biplane.com.au/kauer

GPG fingerprint: 2561 E9EC D868 E73C 8AF1 49CF EE50 4B1D CCA1 5170
Old fingerprint: 8D08 9CAA 649A AFEF E862 062A 2E97 42D4 A2A0 616D




--
ubuntu-users mailing list
[hidden email]
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: installing ups monitor

Gene Heskett-2
On Monday 11 January 2021 18:22:22 Karl Auer wrote:

> On Mon, 2021-01-11 at 18:07 -0500, Gene Heskett wrote:
> > Jan 11 17:52:18 coyote upsmon[8119]: Login on UPS [myups@localhost]
> > failed - got [ERR ACCESS-DENIED]
>
> Um - is your UPS definitely @localhost? Seems odd.
I have also tried myups@alias and myups@fqdn, no change in the message in
syslog, it complains about localhost in all 3 cases.



i just grep't for myups and fount a typu in ups.conf, but fixing it made
no diff, and the syslog didn't echo the typu. So the fail was from
someplace else.

Thanks Karl.

> Regards, K.
>
> --
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>~ Karl Auer ([hidden email])
> http://www.biplane.com.au/kauer
>
> GPG fingerprint: 2561 E9EC D868 E73C 8AF1 49CF EE50 4B1D CCA1 5170
> Old fingerprint: 8D08 9CAA 649A AFEF E862 062A 2E97 42D4 A2A0 616D


Cheers, Gene Heskett
--
"There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
 soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order."
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
If we desire respect for the law, we must first make the law respectable.
 - Louis D. Brandeis
Genes Web page <http://geneslinuxbox.net:6309/gene>

--
ubuntu-users mailing list
[hidden email]
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: installing ups monitor

Bo Berglund
In reply to this post by Bo Berglund
On Mon, 11 Jan 2021 15:47:52 +0100, Bo Berglund <[hidden email]> wrote:

>On Tue, 12 Jan 2021 00:23:17 +1100, Karl Auer <[hidden email]> wrote:
>Concerning configuration I have found two how-tos that are informative:
>
>https://www.reddit.com/r/synology/comments/gtkjam/use_synology_nas_as_ups_server_to_safely_power/
>https://diktiosolutions.eu/en/synology/synology-ups-nut-en/ 
>
>Then after logging on with SSH to my NAS I could see what the default "user" for
>UPS is set to and use that in the Ubuntu config. Did not need to change much.
>
>Then I intended to check if the UPS connection on Ubuntu worked properly when my
>ISP suddenly dropped the fiber! Grrrr....
>

Back again after the ISP got his act together and my fiber connection is again
working.

What I ended up doing on my Ubuntu server is this:

- sudo apt install nut
- Edit configuration file /etc/nut/nut.conf
  Set this item:
  MODE=netclient
- Edit configuration file /etc/nut/upsmon.conf set this item only:
  MONITOR ups@192.168.119.138 1 monuser secret slave

Explanation:
- ups is the name given in the configuration file on the Synology NAS to
  the UPS connected by the USB cable (it was the default)
- monuser secret is the way the connection user is defined in the same
  config file on the Synology NAS (yes secret is the default pwd)
- slave defines the way the Ubuntu server connects to the server as

After this was all set and done I finally issued this command, which did not
result in any error message or such:

sudo service nut-client restart

I have checked that there is a copnnection working towards the NAS server:

$ upsc ups@192.168.119.138
Init SSL without certificate database
battery.charge: 100
battery.charge.low: 10
battery.charge.warning: 50
battery.date: not set
battery.mfr.date: 2019/10/17
battery.runtime: 2302
battery.runtime.low: 120
battery.type: PbAc
battery.voltage: 13.6
battery.voltage.nominal: 12.0
device.mfr: APC
device.model: Back-UPS ES 700G
...
device.type: ups
driver.name: usbhid-ups
driver.parameter.pollfreq: 30
driver.parameter.pollinterval: 5
driver.parameter.port: auto
driver.version: DSM6-2-25364-191230
driver.version.data: APC HID 0.95
driver.version.internal: 0.38
input.sensitivity: medium
input.transfer.high: 266
input.transfer.low: 180
input.voltage: 234.0
input.voltage.nominal: 230
ups.beeper.status: enabled
ups.delay.shutdown: 20
ups.firmware: 871.O4 .I
ups.firmware.aux: O4
ups.load: 0
ups.mfr: APC
ups.mfr.date: 2019/10/17
ups.model: Back-UPS ES 700G
ups.productid: 0002
ups.serial: 5B1942T42157
ups.status: OL
ups.timer.reboot: 0
ups.timer.shutdown: -1
ups.vendorid: 051d

So the Synology server is running and the nut client on Ubuntu works for
communication with it.

What I do not know is if the nut-client service is also communicating properly
with the Synology server...
How can I check this?

I looked in the syslog file and found this line as the last from upsmon:

Jan 11 15:17:36 ubuntuserv upsmon[15686]: Communications with UPS
ups@192.168.119.138 established


I thought that the client would poll data from the server and therefore there
would be repeated log entries but there seems to be just one successful.
There are other syslog entries before this which show error messages like this:

Jan 11 15:17:16 ubuntuserv upsmon[15686]: Poll UPS [ups@192.168.119.138] failed
- Server disconnected
Jan 11 15:17:16 ubuntuserv upsmon[15686]: Communications with UPS
ups@192.168.119.138 lost
Jan 11 15:17:21 ubuntuserv upsmon[15686]: UPS [ups@192.168.119.138]: connect
failed: Connection failure: Connection refused


How can I be sure that the UPS monitoring service is now OK?


--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden


--
ubuntu-users mailing list
[hidden email]
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: installing ups monitor

Karl Auer
On Tue, 2021-01-12 at 01:01 +0100, Bo Berglund wrote:
> I thought that the client would poll data from the server and
> therefore there would be repeated log entries but there seems to be
> just one successful.

You will get told frequently if the monitor cannot communicate with the
UPS. To check, just disconnect the cable...

You could also implement your own heartbeat script pretty easily.

Regards, K.

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Karl Auer ([hidden email])
http://www.biplane.com.au/kauer

GPG fingerprint: 2561 E9EC D868 E73C 8AF1 49CF EE50 4B1D CCA1 5170
Old fingerprint: 8D08 9CAA 649A AFEF E862 062A 2E97 42D4 A2A0 616D




--
ubuntu-users mailing list
[hidden email]
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: installing ups monitor

Bo Berglund
In reply to this post by Bo Berglund
On Tue, 12 Jan 2021 01:01:51 +0100, Bo Berglund <[hidden email]> wrote:

>How can I be sure that the UPS monitoring service is now OK?

Interestingly just now I got a power outage again and then my system survived
via the UPS.

On the PuTTY terminal to my ubuntu server I received these messages:

Broadcast message from nut@ubuntuserv (somewhere) (Thu Jan 14 14:52:47 2021):

UPS ups@192.168.119.138 on battery

And after a little while when I reset the earth fault circuit breaker, which
tripped this time around (don't know why):

Broadcast message from nut@ubuntuserv (somewhere) (Thu Jan 14 14:57:42 2021):

UPS ups@192.168.119.138 on line power


So it actually does work as designed. :)


--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden


--
ubuntu-users mailing list
[hidden email]
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: installing ups monitor

David Fletcher-5
On Thu, 2021-01-14 at 15:03 +0100, Bo Berglund wrote:
>
> And after a little while when I reset the earth fault circuit
> breaker, which
> tripped this time around (don't know why):

Might be a good idea to find out why. If it happens while you're away
everything will go down and stay down.


> So it actually does work as designed. :)

One would hope so.

Something I want to mention, the mini-ITX board I use for my server is
actually a so-called industrial motherboard which needs only a single
12V power supply. It also has a setting in the BIOS that you can use to
tell it to automatically boot when power is applied, so if I'm away
abroad when there's a 5 hour power failure at home, the server will
shut itself down after a while then automatically boot back up when the
mains returns.

I assume that while shutting itself down during a power failure the
server instructs the UPS to shut down its inverter after a certain time
delay so that the server reboots when power returns.

Dave


--
ubuntu-users mailing list
[hidden email]
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
12