iwhat can i do if i don't have a internet connection?

iwhat can i do if i don't have a internet connection?

Marco Alicera
dear xubuntu developers,

i was very interested in the xubuntu desktop becaue its lightness, so i downloaded a ubuntu CD, read the InstallingXubuntu requirements, printed the sreenshtos and with all these tools started to install it at home, but in the midle of the installation proccess i realized that an internet connection was required :(.

first, i ask to correct the Requirements on your web page, a "human beig to write the commands" sound funny only when the installation run easly.

second, i would like to know how to get universe repository on an other computer, burn a cd and install them from a there.

thanks

Marco Alicera

Re: iwhat can i do if i don't have a internet connection?

Juan Jose Pablos-2
Marco Alicera wrote:

> but in the midle of the installation proccess i realized that an
> internet connection was required :(.

I did changed that on the wiki

> second, i would like to know how to get universe repository on an
> other computer, burn a cd and install them from a there.

There is a way that you could test:

I think that in that howto from the 9th step instead of modifying the
/ec/apt/sources.list file, you just copy all the *deb files to
/var/cache/apt/archives

good luck