kdesu as root kaput too in kubuntu64 dapper

kdesu as root kaput too in kubuntu64 dapper

Rod Lovett
Sorry to say but kdesu as root is kaput also in kubuntu64 dapper!
I think there are too many versions of kubuntu ubuntu out there to
really focus properly.
Very few developers there seem to use Kubuntu let alone kubuntu64.
So one ubuntu/kubuntu with desktop choices may help----hmmm
Best
Rod

Re: kdesu as root kaput too in kubuntu64 dapper

Daniel Stone-4
On Tue, Nov 22, 2005 at 10:21:03AM +1100, Rod Lovett wrote:
> Sorry to say but kdesu as root is kaput also in kubuntu64 dapper!
> I think there are too many versions of kubuntu ubuntu out there to
> really focus properly.
> Very few developers there seem to use Kubuntu let alone kubuntu64.
> So one ubuntu/kubuntu with desktop choices may help----hmmm

Rod,
If you have actual bugs, please, as mentioned before, file them on
https://bugzilla.ubuntu.com/enter_bug.cgi?product=Ubuntu .  This is a
development list, for focussing on specific technical issues with Ubuntu
development (which includes Kubuntu), and we are far too busy trying to
get solid releases out to file bugs for every user who asks on the list.
Thankyou.

Re: kdesu as root kaput too in kubuntu64 dapper

Ivan Krstic-2
Rod Lovett wrote:
> Sorry to say but kdesu as root is kaput also in kubuntu64 dapper!

You've filed the appopriate bug(s)?

> I think there are too many versions of kubuntu ubuntu out there to
> really focus properly.

This is your second message indicating problems in Dapper, which is a
development release, NOT YET INTENDED for end-user use, and that's seen
less than a month of real development.

Are the problems you list present in Kubuntu 5.10? If so, have you filed
the appopriate bugs?

> So one ubuntu/kubuntu with desktop choices may help----hmmm

Disregarding your general tone, please understand this is not a support
list. The best thing to do with your problems is to file bugs, and not
tell us about them here.

Since you're not an Ubuntu developer, and particularly this early in the
release cycle, I can't understand why you're using Dapper at all. It's
normal for it to be broken in all sorts of ways -- at this point in the
Breezy release cycle, I think you'd have had trouble getting a usable
machine.

--
Ivan Krstic <[hidden email]> | 0x147C722D

Re: kdesu as root kaput too in kubuntu64 dapper

Stephan Hermann
Hello,

On Tue, 2005-11-22 at 10:21 +1100, Rod Lovett wrote:
> Sorry to say but kdesu as root is kaput also in kubuntu64 dapper!
> I think there are too many versions of kubuntu ubuntu out there to
> really focus properly.

Dapper is Development Release. This shouldn't be stable.

Please, if you want to help us to improve Kubuntu/Ubuntu you can do the
following:

1. Please deliver some testhardware to the developer. Mainly AMD64 and
PPC Machines are important. I know at least 20 ppl how could need those
machines for testing and developing Ubuntu/Kubuntu.
2. Instead of writing senseless mails, it is better to file bugs. Use
Bugzilla for main packages, and malone (http://launchpad.net/) for
Universe packages
3. Help us to fix those bugs. The easiest way to do this, join
#ubuntu-motu and get involved into the great world of packaging,
bugfixing and developing new things for ubuntu and the open source
world.

Well, I think the most difficult thing for you is 1.
The easiest thing to do for you is 2. but the most interesting thing to
do is 3.
Decide for yourself (if you choose 1., I can send you the shipping
addresses of the people who needs those machines)

> Very few developers there seem to use Kubuntu let alone kubuntu64.
> So one ubuntu/kubuntu with desktop choices may help----hmmm

No...the problem is easy: Test and file bugs, we're only human...and we
can't do anything alone.

Regards,

\sh

Re: kdesu as root kaput too in kubuntu64 dapper

Jerome Gotangco
Bugzilla is the way to go to properly address your comments.

Jerome Gotangco
[hidden email] | [hidden email]
Mobile: +639196555242
GPG: 0xA97B69A0