kmail and digital signature

Dmitry Ivanov
Hello!

My kmail checks signatures automatically. While doing this, kmail hangs
for some time. How can I prevent this?

Re: kmail and digital signature

Jeff Garrett
> My kmail checks signatures automatically. While doing this, kmail hangs
> for some time. How can I prevent this?

I don't know kmail well enough to disable this, but one way to make it
more effective and maybe quicker is to have it automatically retrieve
the keys to verify.

In ~/.gnupg/gpg.conf, you can put the lines

keyserver pgp.mit.edu
keyserver-options auto-key-retrieve

(Replace pgp.mit.edu with your favorite keyserver.  There are lists
online.)  Now kmail should automatically retrieve the keys; this
shouldn't take too long.  Or it may take longer; ymmv.  :)

-Jeff

On Monday 21 November 2005 17:24, Jeff Garrett wrote:
> In ~/.gnupg/gpg.conf, you can put the lines
>
> keyserver pgp.mit.edu
> keyserver-options auto-key-retrieve

I forgot these lines in my gpg.conf... This was the cause of problem.
KMail retrieved every key automatically (but very slowly). Now removed
these lines. Thank you!

> (Replace pgp.mit.edu with your favorite keyserver.  There are lists
> online.)  Now kmail should automatically retrieve the keys; this
> shouldn't take too long.  Or it may take longer; ymmv.  :)

Jeff, it took 5 secs to contact keyserver when reading your reply with
auto-key-retrieve :)