let my introduce myself

SUSANNE-11
Hello ubuntu-art-list-members!

Today I subscribed to the ubuntu-art mailinglist. And now I will
introduce myself:

My name ist Suzan (my real name is Susanne, but in forums, chats etc. I
am known as "suzan"), I am a 33-year-old female from Nuernberg, Germany.
(I hope, my english is good enough..) My profession is in graphics and
design. I work daily with Photoshop and Freehand. Unfortunately Adobe
will not provide these programs for linux, so I have to work with
Windows at work. :-(

But at home I gave Linux a chance, one and a half year ago. I tried
Knoppix, then SuSE. And finally I discovered Ubuntu (with Warty PR) a
year ago and fell absolutely in love with it.

Since then I tried to work with GIMP and Inkscape, too. I must confess,
for someone who works with PS and FH the whole day, it's a bit
difficult. But the programs are great. Unbelievable they are totally
free. :-)

A few month ago I made the logo for a german linux-community, called
"Penguins" (http://linuxlog.de). And now I thought, I maybe could help
the Ubuntu-Team a little bit in whatever have to do with graphics.

I think, that's all. Oh, you can find my private website at
http://suzansworld.com or http://mylinux.suzansworld.com . Both in
german, maybe some of you speak german a little bit.

Greetings from good old germany

Suzan

Re: let my introduce myself

Luka Cehovin
Susanne wrote:

> Hello ubuntu-art-list-members!

hello :)

> A few month ago I made the logo for a german linux-community, called
> "Penguins" (http://linuxlog.de). And now I thought, I maybe could help
> the Ubuntu-Team a little bit in whatever have to do with graphics.
>
> I think, that's all. Oh, you can find my private website at
> http://suzansworld.com or http://mylinux.suzansworld.com . Both in
> german, maybe some of you speak german a little bit.

the art team is currently a bit inactive ... but we are listening so
just ask if you want to know something ... you can also check the
archives of this ML and irc logs
(http://people.ubuntu.com/~fabbione/irclogs/ , channel #ubuntu-artwork).
check also art.ubuntu.com ... you can post your work (backgrounds, icons
...) there.

and btw, nice website :)

cheers,
-Luka