lock on lid closure

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

lock on lid closure

Alejandro Bonilla Beeche
Hi,

I'm new to Ubuntu, I was a Debianer. Which packages should get the bug on
dapper that it is no longer locking the screen when the Lid is closed?

Thanks,

.Alejandro


--
ubuntu-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: lock on lid closure

Flavio Martins
Alejandro Bonilla wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm new to Ubuntu, I was a Debianer. Which packages should get the bug on
> dapper that it is no longer locking the screen when the Lid is closed?
>
> Thanks,
>
> .Alejandro
>
>
>  
Hi,
I'd bet it's gnome-screensaver. If you think this is a bug file it in
malone.

--
ubuntu-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: lock on lid closure

Aigars Mahinovs-2
On 2/7/06, Flavio Martins <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > I'm new to Ubuntu, I was a Debianer. Which packages should get the bug on
> > dapper that it is no longer locking the screen when the Lid is closed?
> I'd bet it's gnome-screensaver. If you think this is a bug file it in
> malone.

There seem to be many bugs with gnome-screensaver not doing the same
as the xscreensaver, for example it seem that totem-xine and mplayer
can not stop gnome-screensaver from activating, while they worked fine
with xscreensaver.

And I also have the lid issue - I installed clean dapper flight 3 and
then restored my home from backup. I appears that no screensaver
daemon was launched anymore. That probably is also related to
xscreensaver vs. gnome-screensaver problems.

--
Best regards,
    Aigars Mahinovs        mailto:[hidden email]
 #--------------------------------------------------------------#
  |     .''`.         Debian GNU/Linux              LAKA         |
 |    : :' :      http://www.debian.org  &  http://www.laka.lv  |
 |    `. `'                                                     |
 |      `-                                                       |
 #--------------------------------------------------------------#

--
ubuntu-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: lock on lid closure

Patrick McFarland (Diablo-D3)
On Tuesday 07 February 2006 09:47, Aigars Mahinovs wrote:
> There seem to be many bugs with gnome-screensaver not doing the same
> as the xscreensaver, for example it seem that totem-xine and mplayer
> can not stop gnome-screensaver from activating, while they worked fine
> with xscreensaver.

Yeah, I noticed that behavior too. It also activates during full-screen games,
and imo its generally unwanted and possibly confusing behavior for newbies.
IMO this should be considered a release-stopper bug; it would reflect badly
on Ubuntu to ship with such a bug.

--
Patrick "Diablo-D3" McFarland || [hidden email]
"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids,
we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and
listening to repetitive electronic music." -- Kristian Wilson, Nintendo,
Inc, 1989


--
ubuntu-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: lock on lid closure

Sandis Neilands
Hello!

On 2/13/06, Patrick McFarland <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Tuesday 07 February 2006 09:47, Aigars Mahinovs wrote:
> > There seem to be many bugs with gnome-screensaver not doing the same
> > as the xscreensaver, for example it seem that totem-xine and mplayer
> > can not stop gnome-screensaver from activating, while they worked fine
> > with xscreensaver.
>
> Yeah, I noticed that behavior too. It also activates during full-screen games,
> and imo its generally unwanted and possibly confusing behavior for newbies.
> IMO this should be considered a release-stopper bug; it would reflect badly
> on Ubuntu to ship with such a bug.
I completely agree with you. You might also be interested in this
(https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-devel/2005-September/011195.html
 thread.

If the (simple) issues raised in devel list doesn't get resolved for
approximately two release cycles then what chances do we have to get
fixes for bugs reported in malone?

--
Sandis

--
ubuntu-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-devel