mainline kernel not being packaged for i386

mainline kernel not being packaged for i386

Christopher Chavez
Howdy,

I noticed that the mainline kernel hasn't been packaged for i386
recently (since 4.17-rc1 as well as daily, drm-tip, etc. trees). It
looks like it is still being built due to presence of BUILD.LOG.i386,
though.

Is there currently an issue with packaging mainline for i386, or has
this been discontinued as of 18.04's release? (I understand that Ubuntu
has discontinued 32 bit images with 18.04; but since many flavors still
provide 32 bit, having mainline i386 packages would be desirable for
testing purposes.)

Thanks

Re: mainline kernel not being packaged for i386

Kleber Souza
On 05/04/18 08:57, Christopher Chavez wrote:

> Howdy,
>
> I noticed that the mainline kernel hasn't been packaged for i386
> recently (since 4.17-rc1 as well as daily, drm-tip, etc. trees). It
> looks like it is still being built due to presence of BUILD.LOG.i386,
> though.
>
> Is there currently an issue with packaging mainline for i386, or has
> this been discontinued as of 18.04's release? (I understand that Ubuntu
> has discontinued 32 bit images with 18.04; but since many flavors still
> provide 32 bit, having mainline i386 packages would be desirable for
> testing purposes.)
>
> Thanks

Hi Christopher,

The i386 mainline builds are available again, please check
http://kernel.ubuntu.com/~kernel-ppa/mainline/.

Thanks,
Kleber