make krunner (alt+f2) to NOT search in kmail emails

make krunner (alt+f2) to NOT search in kmail emails

O. Sinclair
Dear Community,

I often use the Alt+F2 to open frequently used documents or start
applications, sometimes to make snap calculations.

I do however never use it to search for mail in KMail as that is just
not my workflow. So the x number of mail that comes up as a result is
nothing but an irritation for me.

Does anyone know how I can limit Krunner to NOT include mail search results?

Kind regards,
Sinclair

Re: make krunner (alt+f2) to NOT search in kmail emails

Myriam Schweingruber-5
Hi Sinclair,

On Sun, May 25, 2014 at 11:50 AM, O. Sinclair <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Dear Community,
>
> I often use the Alt+F2 to open frequently used documents or start
> applications, sometimes to make snap calculations.
>
> I do however never use it to search for mail in KMail as that is just not my
> workflow. So the x number of mail that comes up as a result is nothing but
> an irritation for me.
>
> Does anyone know how I can limit Krunner to NOT include mail search results?

You can configure what you want to be included: click on the wrench on
the left side of Krunner, then go to plugins and select/unselect the
ones you want. I think you need to unselect the Desktop Search one to
avoid having mails show up in the search

Regards, Myriam

http://www.fsfe.org

On 26/05/2014 10:40, Myriam Schweingruber wrote:

> Hi Sinclair,
>
> On Sun, May 25, 2014 at 11:50 AM, O. Sinclair <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Dear Community,
>>
>> I often use the Alt+F2 to open frequently used documents or start
>> applications, sometimes to make snap calculations.
>>
>> I do however never use it to search for mail in KMail as that is just not my
>> workflow. So the x number of mail that comes up as a result is nothing but
>> an irritation for me.
>>
>> Does anyone know how I can limit Krunner to NOT include mail search results?
>
> You can configure what you want to be included: click on the wrench on
> the left side of Krunner, then go to plugins and select/unselect the
> ones you want. I think you need to unselect the Desktop Search one to
> avoid having mails show up in the search

Hi Myriam and thanks for the reply.

You seem to be correct! I find that strange as I often search for files
and do get a result even though I have now "unticked" Desktop Search...

To me my files are integral part of Desktop Search... strange thinking to me

Thanks a lot,
Sinclair

Re: make krunner (alt+f2) to NOT search in kmail emails

Lindsay Mathieson
On Mon, 26 May 2014 10:47:18 AM O. Sinclair wrote:
> You seem to be correct! I find that strange as I often search for files
> and do get a result even though I have now "unticked" Desktop Search...
>
> To me my files are integral part of Desktop Search... strange thinking to me

I would have presumed that as well.
--
Lindsay

Re: make krunner (alt+f2) to NOT search in kmail emails

Mark Fraser-2

wrote:

> >> Dear Community,
> >>
> >> I often use the Alt+F2 to open frequently used documents or start
> >> applications, sometimes to make snap calculations.
> >>
> >> I do however never use it to search for mail in KMail as that is just not
> >> my workflow. So the x number of mail that comes up as a result is
> >> nothing but an irritation for me.
> >>
> >> Does anyone know how I can limit Krunner to NOT include mail search
> >> results?>
> > You can configure what you want to be included: click on the wrench on
> > the left side of Krunner, then go to plugins and select/unselect the
> > ones you want. I think you need to unselect the Desktop Search one to
> > avoid having mails show up in the search
>
> Hi Myriam and thanks for the reply.
>
> You seem to be correct! I find that strange as I often search for files
> and do get a result even though I have now "unticked" Desktop Search...
>
> To me my files are integral part of Desktop Search... strange thinking to me

Mine seems to have both a Desktop Search and Neopmuk Desktop Search. Plus
there is an entry for Kopete contacts even though I don't have Kopete
installed any more.

On 27/05/2014 18:10, Mark Fraser wrote:

> On Monday 26 May 2014 10:47:18 O. Sinclair wrote:
>> On 26/05/2014 10:40, Myriam Schweingruber wrote:
>>> Hi Sinclair,

>>> You can configure what you want to be included: click on the wrench on
>>> the left side of Krunner, then go to plugins and select/unselect the
>>> ones you want. I think you need to unselect the Desktop Search one to
>>> avoid having mails show up in the search
>>
>> Hi Myriam and thanks for the reply.
>>
>> You seem to be correct! I find that strange as I often search for files
>> and do get a result even though I have now "unticked" Desktop Search...
>>
>> To me my files are integral part of Desktop Search... strange thinking to me
>
> Mine seems to have both a Desktop Search and Neopmuk Desktop Search. Plus
> there is an entry for Kopete contacts even though I don't have Kopete
> installed any more.

I noticed that after disabling "desktop search" it took some time but
then the runner can not find documents.

It seems at this moment one can not separate "file search" from "mail
search", unfortunately

Kind regards
Sinclair