mate panels

R Kimber-3
I've just done a fresh install of Ubuntu Mate 16.04.3 LTS

When I go to Additional Drivers and install either of the nVidia drivers
and then reboot (and incidentally the reboot button there doesn't
work, I had to reboot manually), the Mate panels have disappeared,
leaving just a desktop.

Any idea how to restore the mate panels?

I tried:
   mate-panel --reset
as mentioned in some google answers, but that doesn't do anything
noticeable.

- Richard Kimber

Re: mate panels

compdoc
On 12/05/2017 07:12 AM, Richard Kimber wrote:

> I tried:
>     mate-panel --reset
> as mentioned in some google answers, but that doesn't do anything

My dog laid his head on my keyboard yesterday and managed to delete most
of the default menus on my Mate desktop panel, and 'mate-panel --reset'
brought them all back.

I was wondering if you opened the Displays app, if you see more than one
monitor?

Re: mate panels

R Kimber-3
On Tue, 5 Dec 2017 07:20:43 -0700
compdoc <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I was wondering if you opened the Displays app, if you see more than
> one monitor?

Aha. Thank you. I looked and it seemed that my display wasn't
registered as the primary display. Making it the primary display
brought the panels back.

Many thanks.

- Richard