missing icons in eric3?

Matt Price-3
Hi thre,

I'm interested in trying out eric3, but when I start it up most of the
icons are missing.  I assume t his is qt-related (I am running
ubuntu-desktop, so don't have much kde stuff on my system; but I have
installed all the "suggested" packages for eric).

About the only other qt-pased program I use is amarok, which doesn't
seem to be missing its icons...

also, eric gives these error messages, which may be related:

Warning: translation file 'qt_en_CA'could not be loaded.
Using default.
Warning: translation file 'eric3_en_CA'could not be loaded.
Using default.
Warning: translation file 'qscintilla_en_CA'could not be loaded.
Using default.

any ideas? thanks,
matt

Re: missing icons in eric3?

Stephan Hermann
Hi Matt,

what version did you install?

eric3 or eric?

eric3 is obsolete and should disappear soon.
eric is the correct package...please test.
(for me all the icons are available)

regards,

\sh
On Do, 2005-11-17 at 15:33 -0500, Matt Price wrote:

> Hi thre,
>
> I'm interested in trying out eric3, but when I start it up most of the
> icons are missing.  I assume t his is qt-related (I am running
> ubuntu-desktop, so don't have much kde stuff on my system; but I have
> installed all the "suggested" packages for eric).
>
> About the only other qt-pased program I use is amarok, which doesn't
> seem to be missing its icons...
>
> also, eric gives these error messages, which may be related:
>
> Warning: translation file 'qt_en_CA'could not be loaded.
> Using default.
> Warning: translation file 'eric3_en_CA'could not be loaded.
> Using default.
> Warning: translation file 'qscintilla_en_CA'could not be loaded.
> Using default.
>
> any ideas? thanks,
> matt

Re: missing icons in eric3?

Matt Price-3
actually I was already using eric, not eric3, I hsould havem ade that
clear.

There are outlines where the icons ought to be -- they look like holes
in the toolbar out of which icons have been plucked.  A few icons have
survived, butm ost are gone.

I seem to have the same thing on my other box, running debian/sid,
eric 3.8 and also mostly gtk-based.

funny.

Matt