muon again

Harald Sitter
Yo

A while ago I've asked what to do with muon bugs and people said they'd
want to do some bug triage but it's been like 3 months since my original
mail and I've checked - nobody has done any triage.

So once again I'm here lamenting. Either we find someone who has time to
do active maintenance of muon and qapt or we should mark them as
unmaintained. Letting it rot away is neither fair to the users nor the
KDE community.

Anyone going to take this up?

HS

Re: muon again

Mitch Golden
I signed up to get the e-mails as requested. I am not sure if anything
was ever turned on, as I have never gotten any e-mails since.

I have time this week and will triage the outstanding bugs.

   - Mitch Golden

On 11/10/20 6:36 AM, Harald Sitter wrote:

> Yo
>
> A while ago I've asked what to do with muon bugs and people said they'd
> want to do some bug triage but it's been like 3 months since my original
> mail and I've checked - nobody has done any triage.
>
> So once again I'm here lamenting. Either we find someone who has time to
> do active maintenance of muon and qapt or we should mark them as
> unmaintained. Letting it rot away is neither fair to the users nor the
> KDE community.
>
> Anyone going to take this up?
>
> HS

Re: muon again

Nate Graham-2
https://community.kde.org/Guidelines_and_HOWTOs/Bug_triaging

Nate

On 11/10/20 10:37 AM, Charlie Luna wrote:

> what does it take to triage bugs? Programming knowledge?
>
> Charlie
>
> On Tue, Nov 10, 2020, 03:37 Harald Sitter <[hidden email]
> <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>
>     Yo
>
>     A while ago I've asked what to do with muon bugs and people said they'd
>     want to do some bug triage but it's been like 3 months since my original
>     mail and I've checked - nobody has done any triage.
>
>     So once again I'm here lamenting. Either we find someone who has time to
>     do active maintenance of muon and qapt or we should mark them as
>     unmaintained. Letting it rot away is neither fair to the users nor the
>     KDE community.
>
>     Anyone going to take this up?
>
>     HS

Re: muon again

Charlie Luna-2
Excellent link! I'll do what it takes to become part of the bugsquad. I already dedicate a few hours in the morning for several things, including running the new zsync file for each daily live and my own personal needs so I'll make time to do it as well. I've only been testing but bug triage is a good step for learning more.

Charlie

On Tue, Nov 10, 2020, 09:43 Nate Graham <[hidden email]> wrote:
https://community.kde.org/Guidelines_and_HOWTOs/Bug_triaging

Nate

On 11/10/20 10:37 AM, Charlie Luna wrote:
> what does it take to triage bugs? Programming knowledge?
>
> Charlie
>
> On Tue, Nov 10, 2020, 03:37 Harald Sitter <[hidden email]
> <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>
>     Yo
>
>     A while ago I've asked what to do with muon bugs and people said they'd
>     want to do some bug triage but it's been like 3 months since my original
>     mail and I've checked - nobody has done any triage.
>
>     So once again I'm here lamenting. Either we find someone who has time to
>     do active maintenance of muon and qapt or we should mark them as
>     unmaintained. Letting it rot away is neither fair to the users nor the
>     KDE community.
>
>     Anyone going to take this up?
>
>     HS

Re: muon again