muttrc keybindings

eric dan
hi,
i use mutt with getmail procmail and msmtp
anybody know how i can bind a key so that i can invoke "getmail -d" from within mutt
that get's only onread messages.
before  i had a crontab set for "/usr/bin/getmail" that worked, but kept on getting me the same messages over. adding the "-d" made it stop working for some reason.
also the keybining would be a nice feater than crontab
thanks.