no X after install

Josenildo Marques-2
Hello ! This is my first message ! I decided to test Ubuntu !
I downloaded Kubuntu ISO, burned and installed it. Unfortunately my first attempt was kind of messy because the system reported several messages that read: failure to install base syste. In my second attempt, I ran the check CD integrity app and it reported the CD was OK. Then, it installed smoothly, but there was no setup of the video card (NVidia here), so I cannot get into X.
What could I do ?
Thanks for your help !

Re: no X after install

albi@scii.nl
On Tue, 5 Sep 2006 17:58:53 -0300
"Josenildo Marques" <[hidden email]> wrote:

hi,

> Hello ! This is my first message ! I decided to test Ubuntu !
> I downloaded Kubuntu ISO, burned and installed it. Unfortunately my
> first attempt was kind of messy because the system reported several
> messages that read: failure to install base syste. In my second
> attempt, I ran the check CD integrity app and it reported the CD was
> OK. Then, it installed smoothly, but there was no setup of the video
> card (NVidia here), so I cannot get into X.

which video-card ? which chipset ?

what happens if you boot from a recent knoppix- or kanotix-live-cd ?
is X running ok then ?

--
grtjs,
albi