openSUSE conference 2018: fancy a weekend away in Prague?

openSUSE conference 2018: fancy a weekend away in Prague?

Liam Proven
The programme for this year's openSUSE conference has been published.

It's in Prague, Czechia, the last weekend of this month. The event is free and Prague is surprisingly cheap -- beer is £1.50 a pint and unlimited public transport is £3 a day.

And there will be at least one Ubuntu user there... that is, me. :-)

Apologies if anyone is upset by the spam. Merely plugging it 'cos I work for them and live here in Prague. There's nothing else in this for me personally.

I will shut up now.

Email: [hidden email] • Google Mail/Hangouts/Plus: [hidden email]
Twitter/Facebook/Flickr: lproven • Skype/LinkedIn: liamproven
UK: +44 7939-087884 • ČR (+ WhatsApp/Telegram/Signal): +420 702 829 053

Re: openSUSE conference 2018: fancy a weekend away in Prague?

Alan Lord (News)
On 15/05/18 16:00, Liam Proven wrote:
> The programme for this year's openSUSE conference has been published.
>
> https://events.opensuse.org/conference/oSC18/schedule
>
> It's in Prague, Czechia, the last weekend of this month. The event is
> free and Prague is surprisingly cheap -- beer is £1.50 a pint and
> unlimited public transport is £3 a day.
>
> https://events.opensuse.org/conference/oSC18

I can't make this event myself but would recommend Prague to anyone.

We went "en famille" last year (or maybe the year before) for a long
weekend and thoroughly enjoyed the place.

And there is an amazing Chilli related restaurant too [1] ;-)

Al

[1] http://www.chillipoint.cz/en/

On Tue, 15 May 2018 at 17:47, Alan Lord <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I can't make this event myself but would recommend Prague to anyone.

> We went "en famille" last year (or maybe the year before) for a long
> weekend and thoroughly enjoyed the place.

Heh. It's a fascinating city. Not as friendly as Brno was -- back then, I
was still living in Moravia -- but I am enjoying it more and more as I get
to know my way around.

> And there is an amazing Chilli related restaurant too [1] ;-)

> Al

> [1] http://www.chillipoint.cz/en/

Ah, yes, I've heard of it, but sadly, it's almost exclusively
meat-oriented. I'm a total chili fiend, but I'm also a vegetarian chili
fiend...