openoffice menus show as lines and dialog boxes are blank

openoffice menus show as lines and dialog boxes are blank

dwain.alford
both the ubuntu 2.4 version and the package that i downloaded and installed from openoffice.org (v 3.0.0) give me lines for menu titles and when i drop them down i get lines or maybe an icon in a blank box.  the font box is blank as well.  all of my dialogue boxes are blank with lines or maybe an icon.  buttons have lines too.

if this subject has been discussed before and fixed would someone point me to the link that gives the fix to the problem?

cheers,
dwain

--
"Fear of the devil is one way of doubting God.  " - Kahlil Gibran

Re: openoffice menus show as lines and dialog boxes are blank

NoOp-4
On 12/16/2008 12:25 AM, dwain wrote:

> both the ubuntu 2.4 version and the package that i downloaded and installed
> from openoffice.org (v 3.0.0) give me lines for menu titles and when i drop
> them down i get lines or maybe an icon in a blank box.  the font box is
> blank as well.  all of my dialogue boxes are blank with lines or maybe an
> icon.  buttons have lines too.
>
> if this subject has been discussed before and fixed would someone point me
> to the link that gives the fix to the problem?
>
> cheers,
> dwain

Close OOo. From a terminal:

mv ~/.openoffice.org ~/.openoffice.org.back
mv ~/.openoffice.org2 ~/.openoffice.org2.back

Restart OOo. Does it work now?

I would also recommend that you reinstall your 2.4.1 version - you can
run 2.4.1 _and_ 3.0 in parallel, that's why you have 2 .openoffice.x
folders.