packet: reset network header if packet shorter than ll reserved space

packet: reset network header if packet shorter than ll reserved space

Nicolas Dichtel
Hi Ubuntu kernel team,

please, can you consider to cherry-pick the following linux upstream fix:
993675a3100b ("packet: reset network header if packet shorter than ll reserved
space")

It has been included in v4.18 and the patch that introduces the bug has been
included in v4.17, but the initial patch has been backported in the ubuntu
kernel (bionic).

Here is the launchpad entry:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/1823725

Thank you,
Nicolas

NAK: packet: reset network header if packet shorter than ll reserved space

Kamal Mostafa-2
Hi Nicolas-

(Not really NAK, just that we've already applied it separately)...

This patch 993675a3100b ("packet: reset network header if packet shorter
than ll reserved space") landed in Bionic as part of a stable upstream
update (bug 1835845) and has been released.

This bug was fixed in the package linux - 4.15.0-58.64

Thanks!

 -Kamal