plasma browser integration failure to connect to host (chrome)

plasma browser integration failure to connect to host (chrome)

Dale Trombley
I have plasma-browser-integration package installed and the plasma-browser-integration extension on chrome. I keep getting plasma-browser-integration has failed to connect to host. I have a bug report for it here: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/plasma-browser-integration/+bug/1790934

It works in firefox as far as I can see or have tried.

--

Truck driver, Linux Tech, Webmaster, and Web Admin.
Volunteer Kubuntu Linux Development Tester

plasma browser integration failure to connect to host (chrome)

Rik Mills-2
On 11/09/18 22:33, Dale Trombley wrote:

> I have plasma-browser-integration package installed and the
> plasma-browser-integration extension on chrome. I keep getting
> plasma-browser-integration has failed to connect to host. I have a bug
> report for it
> here: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/plasma-browser-integration/+bug/1790934
>
> It works in firefox as far as I can see or have tried.
>

> --
>
> /Truck driver, Linux Tech, Webmaster, and Web Admin.
> Volunteer Kubuntu Linux Development Tester/

1) Did you follow the readme in?

/usr/share/doc/plasma-browser-integration/README.Debian

2) If you did, you might notice that it instructs you to make a symlink to

/usr/share/plasma-browser-plugin/chrome/native-messaging-hosts/org.kde.plasma.browser_integration.json

however, the package actually installs the file you are trying to
symlibnk to to

/usr/share/plasma-browser-integration/chrome/native-messaging-hosts/org.kde.plasma.browser_integration.json

so the readme is either in error, or the destination folder the package
installs that to was specified wrongly.

if you substitute in the correct path in the readme instructions, I
think all should work?

Rik

Re: plasma browser integration failure to connect to host (chrome)

Dale Trombley
Thank you, I have been trying to make those instructions make sense for days (truck driver not linux tech here lol).
Your nudge in the right direction fixed me up. I'll update the bug report with simple instructions for anyone else to follow along easily.

Thanks
-Dale