problems using apt-get update

Gustavo Rahal
Hi

Latelly (past several weeks) i'm having problems when running apt-get
update.

i'm getting error similar to this one:

Get:5 http://archive.ubuntu.com breezy/universe Packages [3028kB]
99% [4 Packages gzip 0]
gzip: stdin: not in gzip format
Err http://archive.ubuntu.com breezy/main Packages
  Sub-process gzip returned an error code (1)

This is happening to one computer. I'm using the same sources.list from
another computer that is working fine.

Any ideas?

Gustavo Rahal

Re: problems using apt-get update

Frank McCormick
On Sun, 20 Nov 2005 20:41:19 -0200
Gustavo Rahal <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi
>
> Latelly (past several weeks) i'm having problems when running apt-get
> update.
>
> i'm getting error similar to this one:
>
> Get:5 http://archive.ubuntu.com breezy/universe Packages [3028kB]
> 99% [4 Packages gzip 0]
> gzip: stdin: not in gzip format
> Err http://archive.ubuntu.com breezy/main Packages
>   Sub-process gzip returned an error code (1)
>
> This is happening to one computer. I'm using the same sources.list from
> another computer that is working fine.

Don't worry about it. I get it too and everybody says it'll sort itself
out.

Cheers

Frank McCormick wrote:

> On Sun, 20 Nov 2005 20:41:19 -0200
> Gustavo Rahal <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

>>Hi
>>
>>Latelly (past several weeks) i'm having problems when running apt-get
>>update.
>>
>>i'm getting error similar to this one:
>>
>>Get:5 http://archive.ubuntu.com breezy/universe Packages [3028kB]
>>99% [4 Packages gzip 0]
>>gzip: stdin: not in gzip format
>>Err http://archive.ubuntu.com breezy/main Packages
>>  Sub-process gzip returned an error code (1)
>>
>>This is happening to one computer. I'm using the same sources.list from
>>another computer that is working fine.
>>

> Don't worry about it. I get it too and everybody says it'll sort itself
> out.
>
> Cheers

i'm waiting for weeks!! and I try many times a day... This is really not
normal
I guess that something is wrong with cached data in my local computer...
just guessing...

Anyway, thanks for the reply