questions about zfs (missing the `.zfs' file on one zfs fs')

questions about zfs (missing the `.zfs' file on one zfs fs')

Harry Putnam
If it is not appropriate to discuss zfs specific questions (as they
arise on ubuntu with zfsonroot ) can someone
tell me where I should take those kind of questions?

Re: questions about zfs (missing the `.zfs' file on one zfs fs')

Little Girl
Hey there,

Harry Putnam wrote:

>If it is not appropriate to discuss zfs specific questions (as they
>arise on ubuntu with zfsonroot ) can someone
>tell me where I should take those kind of questions?

I don't have an answer, but it looks like Oracle doesn't offer a
community you can join, but the Ubuntu forums seem to have quite a
few posts on ZFS:

https://ubuntuforums.org/tags.php?tag=zfs

--
Little Girl

There is no spoon.

Re: questions about zfs (missing the `.zfs' file on one zfs fs')

Chris Green
On Tue, Oct 13, 2020 at 11:43:59AM -0400, Little Girl wrote:

> Hey there,
>
> Harry Putnam wrote:
>
> >If it is not appropriate to discuss zfs specific questions (as they
> >arise on ubuntu with zfsonroot ) can someone
> >tell me where I should take those kind of questions?
>
> I don't have an answer, but it looks like Oracle doesn't offer a
> community you can join, but the Ubuntu forums seem to have quite a
> few posts on ZFS:
>
> https://ubuntuforums.org/tags.php?tag=zfs

I've not followed this thread but it seems odd to me to expect a .zfs
suffix.  Surely ZFS is a filesystem (like ext4 or vfat) and you
wouldn't expect files on the ZFS filesystem to have a .zfs suffix.

--
Chris Green

Chris Green wrote:

>I've not followed this thread but it seems odd to me to expect a .zfs
>suffix.  Surely ZFS is a filesystem (like ext4 or vfat) and you
>wouldn't expect files on the ZFS filesystem to have a .zfs suffix.

I don't know, but maybe the page I had found will end up helping with
that.

--
Little Girl

There is no spoon.

Re: questions about zfs (missing the `.zfs' file on one zfs fs')

Oliver Grawert
hi,
Am Montag, den 12.10.2020, 20:24 -0400 schrieb Harry Putnam:
> If it is not appropriate to discuss zfs specific questions (as they
> arise on ubuntu with zfsonroot ) can someone
> tell me where I should take those kind of questions?

while this is surely the right place to ask such questions, you will
probably find more expertise of the ubuntu zfs maintainers over at the
ubuntu community hub:

https://discourse.ubuntu.com/t/zfs-focus-on-ubuntu-20-04-lts-blog-posts/16355

ciao
        oli

Oliver Grawert <[hidden email]> writes:

> hi,
> Am Montag, den 12.10.2020, 20:24 -0400 schrieb Harry Putnam:
>> If it is not appropriate to discuss zfs specific questions (as they
>> arise on ubuntu with zfsonroot ) can someone
>> tell me where I should take those kind of questions?
>>
> while this is surely the right place to ask such questions, you will
> probably find more expertise of the ubuntu zfs maintainers over at the
> ubuntu community hub:
>
> https://discourse.ubuntu.com/t/zfs-focus-on-ubuntu-20-04-lts-blog-posts/16355

Sorry to sound like a complainer but do you know if any of that is
available by NNTP? The web forum type setup is very pool forum for
easily tracked and used discussions.

It appears NNTP is slowly loosing favor ... really sorry to see that

Am Samstag, den 17.10.2020, 09:24 -0400 schrieb Harry Putnam:

> Oliver Grawert <[hidden email]> writes:
>
> > the
> > ubuntu community hub:
> >
> > https://discourse.ubuntu.com/t/zfs-focus-on-ubuntu-20-04-lts-blog-posts/16355
> >

> Sorry to sound like a complainer but do you know if any of that is
> available by NNTP? The web forum type setup is very pool forum for
> easily tracked and used discussions.
>
> It appears NNTP is slowly loosing favor ... really sorry to see that

i think there are import/export plugins for atom, rss and nntp for
discourse... to get them enabled you'd have to ask the adimns in the
specific forum though ...

ciao
        oli