re-installing system

Billie Walsh
This was a clean install of 18.04 on an HP laptop, quad core AMD 8 gigs
ram.

I suspect something went wrong during installation. Nothing will install
from the repositories. It comes back with an error that says I need a
"gtk3" something. Googling is no help or anything else I've tried.

I'm wondering if there is something that will re-install everything from
a dvd or...................... that doesn't mean wiping the hard drive
clean and starting over. I'm not against doing that but would rather not
if I can. Everything that I wouldn't want to lose is on the second,
Windows, hard drive [ yes, it has two hard drives ].

I guess what I'm thinking is a complete install without removing what is
already there, just overwriting, and hopefully install what that GTK3
gidgit is.

Re: re-installing system

Billie Walsh
We just got in from our tip. It may take me a day or two to get the
laptop setup and try again.

--
"The dog is a gentleman. I hope to go to his heaven, not man's."

Mark Twain

Re: re-installing system

Billie Walsh
TRIP not TIP.