regular devel meeting in BBB Saturdays at 1500 UTC

regular devel meeting in BBB Saturdays at 1500 UTC

Walter Lapchynski
Had a great chat on [our Big Blue Button][1] with Clive, Rik, and Darin this morning (well, morning my time). Was nice to get ourselves reoriented, discuss development and tasks, and continue our collective learning. It went so well, in fact, that we agreed it would be a good thing to do this on a weekly basis. That said, the plan will be to do this every Saturday at 1500 UTC. If you can come, great. If you can't, no sweat. If you just want to listen, that works. There's a chat on there if you don't have a mic. We don't usually use webcams (to reduce bandwidth) so don't sweat your bedhead. Come visit us! See you next Saturday!

P.S. the password is welcome.

--
       @wxl | polka.bike
C563 CAC5 8BE1 2F22 A49D

K1

Re: regular devel meeting in BBB Saturdays at 1500 UTC

K1
Walter Lapchynski,

I think read correctly that Big Blue Button uses flash to work in the browser. I would like to ask why Big Blue Button was chosen considering the reputation of Adobe Flash?

Thanks
Warren

On 01/14/2017 11:06 AM, Walter Lapchynski wrote:
[...]

Valorie Zimmerman
If what I read on the BBB website is correct, there is still work on
an HTML5 client. However, I believe it has to be built from source at
this point.

Valorie

On Sat, Jan 14, 2017 at 2:05 PM, K1 <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Walter Lapchynski,
>
> I think read correctly that Big Blue Button uses flash to work in the
> browser. I would like to ask why Big Blue Button was chosen considering the
> reputation of Adobe Flash?
>
> Thanks
> Warren
>
> On 01/14/2017 11:06 AM, Walter Lapchynski wrote:
>
> Had a great chat on [our Big Blue Button][1] with Clive, Rik, and Darin this
> morning (well, morning my time). Was nice to get ourselves reoriented,
> discuss development and tasks, and continue our collective learning. It went
> so well, in fact, that we agreed it would be a good thing to do this on a
> weekly basis. That said, the plan will be to do this every Saturday at 1500
> UTC. If you can come, great. If you can't, no sweat. If you just want to
> listen, that works. There's a chat on there if you don't have a mic. We
> don't usually use webcams (to reduce bandwidth) so don't sweat your bedhead.
> Come visit us! See you next Saturday!
>
> [1]: http://kubuntu.blindsidenetworks.net/kubuntu/
>
> P.S. the password is welcome.
>
> --
>        @wxl | polka.bike
> C563 CAC5 8BE1 2F22 A49D
> 68F6 8B57 A48B C4F2 051A

Re: regular devel meeting in BBB Saturdays at 1500 UTC

Aaron Honeycutt-2
Personally I have no problem using Flash, BBB has been very helpful in development and the podcast.

On Jan 14, 2017 5:59 PM, "Valorie Zimmerman" <[hidden email]> wrote:
If what I read on the BBB website is correct, there is still work on
an HTML5 client. However, I believe it has to be built from source at
this point.

Valorie

On Sat, Jan 14, 2017 at 2:05 PM, K1 <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Walter Lapchynski,
>
> I think read correctly that Big Blue Button uses flash to work in the
> browser. I would like to ask why Big Blue Button was chosen considering the
> reputation of Adobe Flash?
>
> Thanks
> Warren
>
> On 01/14/2017 11:06 AM, Walter Lapchynski wrote:
>
> Had a great chat on [our Big Blue Button][1] with Clive, Rik, and Darin this
> morning (well, morning my time). Was nice to get ourselves reoriented,
> discuss development and tasks, and continue our collective learning. It went
> so well, in fact, that we agreed it would be a good thing to do this on a
> weekly basis. That said, the plan will be to do this every Saturday at 1500
> UTC. If you can come, great. If you can't, no sweat. If you just want to
> listen, that works. There's a chat on there if you don't have a mic. We
> don't usually use webcams (to reduce bandwidth) so don't sweat your bedhead.
> Come visit us! See you next Saturday!
>
> [1]: http://kubuntu.blindsidenetworks.net/kubuntu/
>
> P.S. the password is welcome.
>
> --
>        @wxl | polka.bike
> C563 CAC5 8BE1 2F22 A49D
> 68F6 8B57 A48B C4F2 051A

Re: regular devel meeting in BBB Saturdays at 1500 UTC

Simon Quigley-3
Would somebody be able to record this so that people who can't attend can hear
the conversation? I unfortunately have to work tomorrow, so I can't attend.

--
Simon Quigley
[hidden email]

Re: regular devel meeting in BBB Saturdays at 1500 UTC

ovidiub13
În data de Vi, 27-01-2017 la 21:52 -0600, Simon Quigley a scris:
> Would somebody be able to record this so that people who can't attend
> can hear
> the conversation? I unfortunately have to work tomorrow, so I can't
> attend.

These are informal meetings AFAIK.