second test rebuild of precise pangolin

Matthias Klose-6
Another test rebuild for precise pangolin is currently running on amd64, armhf
and i386.  The results will show up at [1].  Half of main is rebuilt, and the
universe packages will start to build around this weekend.

The rebuild is running on the distro buildds, so please be a bit conservative
with uploading packages (e.g. really do a successful local build before upload).

Common issues in build failures are:

  - default CFLAGS/CXXFLAGS include -Werror=format-security.
    Fixes are easy; don't stop fixing the first occurrence, but
    complete a local build.

  - Gnome pkgconfig files dropping -lm from Libs, and other
    packages not explicitly linking with -lm (resulting in symbols
    like "sqrt" and "pow" not found).

  - Some obsolete symbols in newer glib/gtk libraries.

  - Some kernel header issues.

The rebuild is already using the eglibc-2.15 packages from the
ubuntu-toolchain-r PPA, planned for an upload on Tue, Feb 07.  The packages can
be found at [2].

   Matthias

[1]
http://people.ubuntuwire.org/~wgrant/rebuild-ftbfs-test/test-rebuild-20120201-precise.html
[2] https://launchpad.net/~ubuntu-toolchain-r/+archive/glibc/

Re: second test rebuild of precise pangolin

Andreas Moog-2
On 02.02.2012 12:18, Matthias Klose wrote:

Hi Matthias and anyone else interested,

> Another test rebuild for precise pangolin is currently running on amd64,
> armhf and i386.  The results will show up at [1].  Half of main is
> rebuilt, and the universe packages will start to build around this weekend.

I have filed bugs now for most of the build failures, I tagged them with
"ftbfs precise". An example search for launchpad would be at [1].

Most of the failures I didn't report are dependency issues caused by
archive skew, so are no real bugs in the package. Maybe those can be
retried in the test-archive? (I can provide a list of affected packages
if necessary.)

Happy fixing! ;-)

Cheers,
  Andreas