setfacl

Alfredo De Luca
Hi all.

We have an sftp server with 10 users and only one needs to access the other 9 users directory to retrieve/move/remove files.

I tried with setfacl but doesn;t work properly.

I tried
setfacl -R -d -m u:oneuser:rwx /home

but doesn't work and if I try

setfacl -R -m u:oneuser:rwx /home

it works but if a user create a new directory/files will not apply to it.

Any clue/other solution?

Cheers

--
Alfredo

Re: setfacl

Ken D'Ambrosio

I don't remember the particulars, but I do *both* of these: one to set the ACLs, one to preserve them.  (Or something like that.)

setfacl -Rdm u:usernamehere:rwx directoryhere
setfacl -Rm u:usernamehere:rwx directoryhere

Re: setfacl

Alfredo De Luca
you are right.... both will do the job.

Thanks
Now we have the problem with new user/homedir....cause we user freeipa with sssd