single vs double click dolphin

Dale Trombley
I have 18.04 running on two computers. On both, Dolphin main window is no longer single click, it's double click to open. Is this intentional? If so, I cannot find a way to set it back to single click.

also, wifi no longer reconnects automatically upon restart.

Re: single vs double click dolphin

Donatas G.
Single/Double click is configured not in Dolphin, but in System settings, mouse (touchpad?) configuration.

As to the intentionality, I cannot comment.

Donatas G.

Siųsta iš Oukitel išmaniojo telefono

I have 18.04 running on two computers. On both, Dolphin main window is no longer single click, it's double click to open. Is this intentional? If so, I cannot find a way to set it back to single click.

also, wifi no longer reconnects automatically upon restart.

Re: single vs double click dolphin

Rik Mills-2
Yes, the double click is an intentional change to the defaults for 18.04

It can be changed in systemsettings: https://i.imgur.com/3Rw2geJ.png

We will be mentioning the change and how to revert to single click if
desired in the upcoming beta and final release notes.

Regards wi-fi, if this persists, please report a bug if you are able to.

Regards

Rik

On 21/03/18 23:16, Dale Trombley wrote:
> I have 18.04 running on two computers. On both, Dolphin main window is
> no longer single click, it's double click to open. Is this intentional?
> If so, I cannot find a way to set it back to single click.
>
> also, wifi no longer reconnects automatically upon restart.

Re: single vs double click dolphin

Dale Trombley
Ok, That was a total brainfart on my behalf not remembering where the selection was for that. However, opening system settings>input>mouse the option to single click was already selected. I selected double click>apply, then selected single click>apply and now it works single click.

Should a bug be filed?
I haven't changed my other computer yet if you have anything else you'd like be to check first.

I will dig deeper into the wifi failing to autoconnect when I have more time, will shoot for this weekend.

Thank you

On Thu, Mar 22, 2018 at 5:15 AM, Rik Mills <[hidden email]> wrote:
Yes, the double click is an intentional change to the defaults for 18.04

It can be changed in systemsettings: https://i.imgur.com/3Rw2geJ.png

We will be mentioning the change and how to revert to single click if
desired in the upcoming beta and final release notes.

Regards wi-fi, if this persists, please report a bug if you are able to.

Regards

Rik

On 21/03/18 23:16, Dale Trombley wrote:
> I have 18.04 running on two computers. On both, Dolphin main window is
> no longer single click, it's double click to open. Is this intentional?
> If so, I cannot find a way to set it back to single click.
>
> also, wifi no longer reconnects automatically upon restart.

Re: single vs double click dolphin

Nate Graham-2
---- On Thu, 22 Mar 2018 12:45:36 -0700 Dale Trombley<[hidden email]> wrote ----
 > Ok, That was a total brainfart on my behalf not remembering where the selection was for that. However, opening system settings>input>mouse the option to single click was already selected. I selected double click>apply, then selected single click>apply and now it works single click.
 >
 > Should a bug be filed?

Might be an upstream KDE bug, actually. We manipulate this setting with our Look & Feel package; it's possible that the Mouse KCM doesn't update the UI appropriately in this case. I would recommend filing a bug.

Nate