suggestion for scriptable stats software?

suggestion for scriptable stats software?

geek
I have some sites (about 30) that generate and archive 1 value per hour
year round. I've been using Libre Office Calc to annually generate a
small table of descriptive statistics for each site - these values in
particular:

Mean
Standard Error
Mode
Median
First Quartile
Third Quartile
Variance
Standard Deviation
Kurtosis
Skewness
Range
Minimum
Maximum
Sum
Count

I'd like to be able to run a bash script that would read a specified
site's file of real numbers and generate one table per site. The number
of sites is getting out of hand.

Suggestions?

Re: suggestion for scriptable stats software?

Aban Dokht
Dave Stevens wrote:
> Suggestions?

Hve a look at gnuplot.

http://www.gnuplot.info/

Regards
Aban

--
  Aban Dokht                                   [hidden email]

Re: suggestion for scriptable stats software?

geek
On Sun, 1 Nov 2020 04:33:43 +0100
Aban Dokht <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Dave Stevens wrote:
> > Suggestions?
>

> Hve a look at gnuplot.
>
> http://www.gnuplot.info/
>

> Regards
> Aban

Thanks, I had overlooked that. For an associated plotting issue I
think it will work but it doesn't seem to have much tabular output
capacity.

Dave

Re: suggestion for scriptable stats software?

Oliver Grawert
hi,
Am Samstag, den 31.10.2020, 20:24 -0700 schrieb Dave Stevens:

> Suggestions?

how about:

https://github.com/netdata/netdata
(package is in the archive in 20.04)

or
https://play.grafana.org/

https://grafana.com/docs/grafana/latest/installation/debian/

ciao
        oli

Re: suggestion for scriptable stats software?

Mike Marchywka
What is wrong with "R"?

https://cran.r-project.org/

I was curious what you are doing as I'm looking at something  vaguely
related where there may be good existing software but I rolled by own,

https://www.linkedin.com/posts/marchywka_any-app-already-exists-for-this-or-automated-activity-6721178917685772288-DJal

and related messages,

https://tug.org/pipermail/texhax/2019-October/024083.html

note new address
 Mike Marchywka 306 Charles Cox Drive Canton, GA 30115
 2295 Collinworth  Drive Marietta GA 30062.  formerly 487 Salem Woods Drive Marietta GA 30067 404-788-1216 (C)<- leave message 989-348-4796 (P)<- emergency