switching users... forget it!

c. marlow
Hello folks!

I was trying to let my little cousin get on the computer and I went to
switch users and it popped up saying you know you can use F 7-8-9 to
switch accounts and I hit ok and dont show me this again and when I
would go to switch back to me, my user name,  my screen would just be
black and there would be a cursor on my screen.

finally I just got frustrated with Linux Mint and just turned the
computer off and back on and now its working fine. I have the nvidia
driver downloaded from the ADDITIONAL DRIVERS. 331.xxx or something like
that. Its been installed ( the driver) since this morning. And yes I am
fully up to date, and YES I rebooted after I installed the drivers, both
updates and for the nvidia drivers.

I just hope I dont have to put up with LINUX too much longer... Tired of
reformatting.  Hope to replace this machine with a windows machine sooon!!!

This is a brand new install of MINT 17... Just downloaded / installed it
last night. around this time... Its 8:36 PM CDT ( Central Daylight time)
as I write this.

Thanks,
Christopher

USA.

Re: switching users... forget it!

Ralf Mardorf
On Thu, 2014-07-10 at 20:37 -0500, c. marlow wrote:
> I just hope I dont have to put up with LINUX too much longer... Tired
> of reformatting.  Hope to replace this machine with a windows machine
> sooon!!!

Linux is for users with self-responsibility and using some freakish
distro, that does cause you issues, so that you need to sent your
requests to another distro's mailing list is reckless, far away of being
self-responsible. If you need a nanny, than Windows likely is the better
choice for your needs, since Linux isn't a replacement for Windows, it's
not intended to replace Windows, it's for users with needs that are
different from Windows user needs.

Re: switching users... forget it!

Little Girl
Hey there,

c. marlow wrote:

> I was trying to let my little cousin get on the computer and I went
> to switch users and it popped up saying you know you can use F
> 7-8-9 to switch accounts and I hit ok and dont show me this again
> and when I would go to switch back to me, my user name,  my screen
> would just be black and there would be a cursor on my screen.

Those sound like TTY sessions. I wrote a page on those if you'd like
to learn more about them:

http://mostlylinux.wordpress.com/troubleshooting/ttysessions/

> finally I just got frustrated with Linux Mint and just turned the
> computer off and back on and now its working fine. I have the
> nvidia driver downloaded from the ADDITIONAL DRIVERS. 331.xxx or
> something like that. Its been installed ( the driver) since this
> morning. And yes I am fully up to date, and YES I rebooted after I
> installed the drivers, both updates and for the nvidia drivers.

I'm not sure how things are done in Mint, but in Kubuntu you only
need to reboot if a notification tells you to. It sounds like you
have things in order now, though. (:

> I just hope I dont have to put up with LINUX too much longer...
> Tired of reformatting.

I'm sorry to hear that you're having a bad experience. Reformatting
should only be a last resort if nothing else works. Hopefully you can
get help in here or in the forums or in IRC or in the wiki so that
won't be necessary in the future. Have you tried Ubuntu any of its
derivatives (Kubuntu, Xubuntu, Lubuntu, etc.)?

> Hope to replace this machine with a windows machine sooon!!!

Maybe you could have both on your machine, and play around with Linux
on the side to get to know it gradually. That's how many of us
started (myself included). (:

--
Little Girl

There is no spoon.

On 07/10/2014 10:00 PM, Ralf Mardorf wrote:

> On Thu, 2014-07-10 at 20:37 -0500, c. marlow wrote:
>> I just hope I dont have to put up with LINUX too much longer... Tired
>> of reformatting.  Hope to replace this machine with a windows machine
>> sooon!!!
> Linux is for users with self-responsibility and using some freakish
> distro, that does cause you issues, so that you need to sent your
> requests to another distro's mailing list is reckless, far away of being
> self-responsible. If you need a nanny, than Windows likely is the better
> choice for your needs, since Linux isn't a replacement for Windows, it's
> not intended to replace Windows, it's for users with needs that are
> different from Windows user needs.

1. this computer came with Kubuntu ( pre built) was kinda thrown
together for me by some friends. Lots of things dont work on it... CD
ROM etc....

2. LM is based on Kubuntu 14.04 LTS and was told it was ok to post here
since it is based on Kubuntu.

Re: switching users... forget it!

Juan R. de Silva
On Fri, 11 Jul 2014 05:00:32 +0200, Ralf Mardorf wrote:

> On Thu, 2014-07-10 at 20:37 -0500, c. marlow wrote:
>> I just hope I dont have to put up with LINUX too much longer... Tired
>> of reformatting.  Hope to replace this machine with a windows machine
>> sooon!!!
>
> Linux is for users with self-responsibility and using some freakish
> distro, that does cause you issues, so that you need to sent your
> requests to another distro's mailing list is reckless, far away of being
> self-responsible. If you need a nanny, than Windows likely is the better
> choice for your needs, since Linux isn't a replacement for Windows, it's
> not intended to replace Windows, it's for users with needs that are
> different from Windows user needs.

I OP is a troll, which might be the case, then there was no need to reply
to him at all.

If OP is just a frustrated newbie, which also might be the case, then you
were unreasonably and senselessly rude. Mentoring in a such tone is
counterproductive and not helpful at all. E.g. I praise Little Girl
approach instead.

Sorry, if my comment touches your feelings.

Re: switching users... forget it!

c. marlow
On Thu, Jul 10, 2014 at 11:08 PM, Juan R. de Silva
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Fri, 11 Jul 2014 05:00:32 +0200, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
>
> > On Thu, 2014-07-10 at 20:37 -0500, c. marlow wrote:
> >> I just hope I dont have to put up with LINUX too much longer... Tired
> >> of reformatting.  Hope to replace this machine with a windows machine
> >> sooon!!!
> >
> > Linux is for users with self-responsibility and using some freakish
> > distro, that does cause you issues, so that you need to sent your
> > requests to another distro's mailing list is reckless, far away of being
> > self-responsible. If you need a nanny, than Windows likely is the better
> > choice for your needs, since Linux isn't a replacement for Windows, it's
> > not intended to replace Windows, it's for users with needs that are
> > different from Windows user needs.
>
> I OP is a troll, which might be the case, then there was no need to reply
> to him at all.
>
> If OP is just a frustrated newbie, which also might be the case, then you
> were unreasonably and senselessly rude. Mentoring in a such tone is
> counterproductive and not helpful at all. E.g. I praise Little Girl
> approach instead.
>
> Sorry, if my comment touches your feelings.

1. not a troll

2. yes frustrated a bit

3. was just saying / stating that it went bonkers on me... Wasnt being trollish.

Re: switching users... forget it!

Clay Weber-2
On Thursday, July 10, 2014 11:13:42 PM c. marlow wrote:

> On Thu, Jul 10, 2014 at 11:08 PM, Juan R. de Silva
>
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > >
> > > Linux is for users with self-responsibility and using some freakish
> > > distro, that does cause you issues, so that you need to sent your
> > > requests to another distro's mailing list is reckless, far away of being
> > > self-responsible. If you need a nanny, than Windows likely is the better
> > > choice for your needs, since Linux isn't a replacement for Windows, it's
> > > not intended to replace Windows, it's for users with needs that are
> > > different from Windows user needs.
> >
> > I OP is a troll, which might be the case, then there was no need to reply
> > to him at all.
> >
> > If OP is just a frustrated newbie, which also might be the case, then you
> > were unreasonably and senselessly rude. Mentoring in a such tone is
> > counterproductive and not helpful at all. E.g. I praise Little Girl
> > approach instead.
> >
> > Sorry, if my comment touches your feelings.
> >

> > --
> 1. not a troll
>
> 2. yes frustrated a bit
>
> 3. was just saying / stating that it went bonkers on me... Wasnt being
> trollish.

No I didn't detect trollishness, but we all can understand  your frustration
since we have all been there at some point.

Do feel free  to post here. Mint *is* Kubuntu after all, but there are some
differences in the programs each one uses, as well as some of the desktop
default settings. Anything done in one is done in the same fashion in the
other.

Also, there are plenty of additional user help resources between Mint and
Kubuntu that one can try as well as this list, such as Mint's forums and
http://kubuntuforums.net.

I do hope you can keep your Linux box. While Linux is *not* Windows, it
definitely can be a replacement for it. Heck it can live alongside it in a dual
boot. I find it fun, myself, and almost never use the command line, and then
because I want to.

--
Clay Weber (claydoh)
http://kubuntuforums.net

On Thu, 2014-07-10 at 23:00 -0500, c. marlow wrote:
> 2. LM is based on Kubuntu 14.04 LTS and was told it was ok to post here
> since it is based on Kubuntu.

It's ok, but it's not smart trying to solve an issue on a freakish Linux
distro and asking for help on another distro's mailing list. What does
"based" on Kubuntu mean? I suspect they "customized" Kubuntu. Kubuntu is
based on Debain. Arch Linux and Debian are based on Linux, but they are
completely different distros, while Debian, Kubuntu and Mint are quasi
the same family, they anyway aren't the same distros.

On Fri, 2014-07-11 at 04:08 +0000, Juan R. de Silva wrote:

> On Fri, 11 Jul 2014 05:00:32 +0200, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
>
> > On Thu, 2014-07-10 at 20:37 -0500, c. marlow wrote:
> >> I just hope I dont have to put up with LINUX too much longer... Tired
> >> of reformatting.  Hope to replace this machine with a windows machine
> >> sooon!!!
> >
> > Linux is for users with self-responsibility and using some freakish
> > distro, that does cause you issues, so that you need to sent your
> > requests to another distro's mailing list is reckless, far away of being
> > self-responsible. If you need a nanny, than Windows likely is the better
> > choice for your needs, since Linux isn't a replacement for Windows, it's
> > not intended to replace Windows, it's for users with needs that are
> > different from Windows user needs.
>
> I OP is a troll, which might be the case, then there was no need to reply
> to him at all.
>
> If OP is just a frustrated newbie, which also might be the case, then you
> were unreasonably and senselessly rude. Mentoring in a such tone is
> counterproductive and not helpful at all. E.g. I praise Little Girl
> approach instead.
>
> Sorry, if my comment touches your feelings.

Where have I been unreasonably and senselessly rude? I just mention
facts, to make clear that Linux can't be handled as a nanny OS like
Windows.

Re: switching users... forget it!

Doug McGarrett

On 07/11/2014 01:27 AM, Ralf Mardorf wrote:

> On Fri, 2014-07-11 at 04:08 +0000, Juan R. de Silva wrote:

>>> Linux is for users with self-responsibility and using some freakish
>>> distro, that does cause you issues, so that you need to sent your
>>> requests to another distro's mailing list is reckless, far away of being
>>> self-responsible. If you need a nanny, than Windows likely is the better
>>> choice for your needs, since Linux isn't a replacement for Windows, it's
>>> not intended to replace Windows, it's for users with needs that are
>>> different from Windows user needs.
>> I OP is a troll, which might be the case, then there was no need to reply
>> to him at all.
>>
>> If OP is just a frustrated newbie, which also might be the case, then you
>> were unreasonably and senselessly rude. Mentoring in a such tone is
>> counterproductive and not helpful at all. E.g. I praise Little Girl
>> approach instead.
>>
>> Sorry, if my comment touches your feelings.
> Where have I been unreasonably and senselessly rude? I just mention
> facts, to make clear that Linux can't be handled as a nanny OS like
> Windows.

Just try and get some help for a Windows problem like you can get for
most Linux distros!

Did you ever unzip an app with a batch of files in it in Windows and then
try to find the files?  Good luck!

Or you are using a mail program and you want to attach a file. Where
the devil is the file? The file finding routine in Windows expects you to
OPEN the file to work on it, not copy it. Now it has opened the file.
But where is it???

Oh, yes--how many times have you fought viruses and other malware
with your Windows machine? I bet you have _conduit_ on your Windows
machine right now! Good luck trying to get rid of it!

I would never go so far as to delete Windows--there are some programs
that just don't exist in Linux. AutoCAD. sdr#. WordPerfect. Just to name
three that come to mind instantly.  But I would guess that I spend 95%
of my computing time on Linux, because I can't stand the frustration in
Windows!

--doug

Re: switching users... forget it!

support

On 11/07/2014 13:27, Ralf Mardorf wrote:

> On Fri, 2014-07-11 at 04:08 +0000, Juan R. de Silva wrote:

>>> Linux is for users with self-responsibility and using some freakish
>>> distro, that does cause you issues, so that you need to sent your
>>> requests to another distro's mailing list is reckless, far away of being
>>> self-responsible. If you need a nanny, than Windows likely is the better
>>> choice for your needs, since Linux isn't a replacement for Windows, it's
>>> not intended to replace Windows, it's for users with needs that are
>>> different from Windows user needs.
>> I OP is a troll, which might be the case, then there was no need to reply
>> to him at all.
>>
>> If OP is just a frustrated newbie, which also might be the case, then you
>> were unreasonably and senselessly rude. Mentoring in a such tone is
>> counterproductive and not helpful at all. E.g. I praise Little Girl
>> approach instead.
>>
>> Sorry, if my comment touches your feelings.
> Where have I been unreasonably and senselessly rude? I just mention
> facts, to make clear that Linux can't be handled as a nanny OS like
> Windows.

Ralf, I think the point made above wasn't that your statement is wrong.
Far from it ... anyone wanting a nanny OS should be on OSX or Windows.
However, newbie shows up with problem - until and if they are confirmed
trolling, a best community response is to point them to help, ask
questions about how they might provide better info for us to help, or
help them directly with some tips.

I say this as a relative n00b who primariy chooses linux distros based
on community friendliness.

treat it as helpful feedback and not a rebuke ... hey I killed my osx
and windows and knew what I was getting into.  NO NANNY OS ... you are
right , let's just not make it the first response to questions /
statements of frustration.

Does that help?

All the best.

Re: switching users... forget it!

O. Sinclair
On 11/07/2014 06:00, c. marlow wrote:

> On 07/10/2014 10:00 PM, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
>> On Thu, 2014-07-10 at 20:37 -0500, c. marlow wrote:
>>> I just hope I dont have to put up with LINUX too much longer... Tired
>>> of reformatting.  Hope to replace this machine with a windows machine
>>> sooon!!!
>> Linux is for users with self-responsibility and using some freakish
>> distro, that does cause you issues, so that you need to sent your
>> requests to another distro's mailing list is reckless, far away of being
>> self-responsible. If you need a nanny, than Windows likely is the better
>> choice for your needs, since Linux isn't a replacement for Windows, it's
>> not intended to replace Windows, it's for users with needs that are
>> different from Windows user needs.
>
> 1. this computer came with Kubuntu ( pre built) was kinda thrown
> together for me by some friends. Lots of things dont work on it... CD
> ROM etc....
>
> 2. LM is based on Kubuntu 14.04 LTS and was told it was ok to post here
> since it is based on Kubuntu.

 From how I do with my kids in Kubuntu (not Mint):
Clearly first off all the user has to be created and whatever "rights"
you want to give it defined. For example I restrict sudo/adm rights and
sometimes internet. Password set and so on

1. choose "switch user" on whatever menu system you are using
2. wait for login prompt for users, choose your cousin/kids/whatever

once he/she/they/it are done let them log off and you should be back in
your session

Have only bothered with tty session when "stuck in a corner" after bad
installation/upgrade

Kind regards
Sinclair

Re: switching users... forget it!

Cody Smith

As has been said, ctrl+f# gets you to a tty, pure command line. That's not the way to switch users with a GUI, how you do so is to go to the menu in KDE, and search for an entry labelled "log out" or something similar (that varies depending on the menu you use), not all that hard once you know where to start. 😊

Ralph, next time, instead of scolding users for preconceptions, simply help them if they don't seem like a troll. If they do seem like a troll, simply ignore them.

On Fri, 2014-07-11 at 00:42 -0700, Cody Smith wrote:
> As has been said, ctrl+f# gets you to a tty, pure command line. That's
> not the way to switch users with a GUI, how you do so is to go to the
> menu in KDE, and search for an entry labelled "log out" or something
> similar (that varies depending on the menu you use), not all that hard
> once you know where to start. 😊
>
> Ralph, next time, instead of scolding users for preconceptions, simply
> help them if they don't seem like a troll. If they do seem like a
> troll, simply ignore them.

JFTR

Does the OP want to run a complete X session as another user, than yes,
there's the need to log out and in, if the OP wants to run just an
application as another user, it can be done like this:

Assumed the X session does run for user A and the app should run for
user B.

xhost + ; gksudo -u B firefox

Firefox provides to use different profiles, but perhaps the OP wants to
run a kid protection session and wishes that a password is required to
run a firefox profile for adults, than changing the user instead of only
using a profile is a way to go. Sure, there are reasons to completely
log in as another user.

With Ctrl+Alt+F-keys it's possible to switch between different user
sessions when just a terminal is needed. This shouldn't result in a
blank screen, but a screen with a black background color and a prompt.

But again, Linux provides manifoldness, it's important not to switch
from one to the other distro, it's important to learn, at least to learn
how to ask smart questions. If we never mention this, then users never
will learn. Linux can not be used in a way a restricted OS such as
Windows can be used. And again "Mint" is _not_ "*buntu".

"Choose your forum carefully

Be sensitive in choosing where you ask your question. You are likely to
be ignored, or written off as a loser, if you:

post your question to a forum where it's off topic" -
http://www.catb.org/esr/faqs/smart-questions.html#forum

Just because it's allowed to ask a Mint question on this list, doesn't
mean that this list is the right place.

Linux Mint is "based" on "Ubuntu", but other than "Kubuntu", "Ubuntu
Studio", "Xubuntu" etc. it's not official part of the Ubuntu
repositories, so providing help liekly could lead into a wrong
direction, assumed the "Mint" developers should do something completely
different.

Regards,
Ralf

Re: switching users... forget it!

Billie Walsh
On 07/10/2014 11:00 PM, c. marlow wrote:

> On 07/10/2014 10:00 PM, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
>> On Thu, 2014-07-10 at 20:37 -0500, c. marlow wrote:
>>> I just hope I dont have to put up with LINUX too much longer... Tired
>>> of reformatting.  Hope to replace this machine with a windows machine
>>> sooon!!!
>> Linux is for users with self-responsibility and using some freakish
>> distro, that does cause you issues, so that you need to sent your
>> requests to another distro's mailing list is reckless, far away of being
>> self-responsible. If you need a nanny, than Windows likely is the better
>> choice for your needs, since Linux isn't a replacement for Windows, it's
>> not intended to replace Windows, it's for users with needs that are
>> different from Windows user needs.
>
> 1. this computer came with Kubuntu ( pre built) was kinda thrown
> together for me by some friends. Lots of things dont work on it... CD
> ROM etc....
>
> 2. LM is based on Kubuntu 14.04 LTS and was told it was ok to post
> here since it is based on Kubuntu.

Somehow or another I seem to have not received Ralf's reply, however I
take exception with both his attitude and message.

All I can say about his attitude is that it stinks. It is not typical of
most people on this list.

About his message, I AM just a an average home computer user. The type
that typically runs Windows. I have been successfully using Kubuntu for
many years and SuSE before that. In my experience Linux, and Kubuntu
specifically, has been just as easy to use, after the unlearning of some
bad habits left over from we all know where, and possibly easier to use
than Windows.

I question the use of "friend" in the OP's message above. It sounds to
me like his "friend" set him up to fail from the beginning. Things like
CD/DVD roms just work in my experience. Sounds like a hardware issue
rather than an OS issue. His "friend" also just dumped him in the deep
end and walked away. There is a bit of a learning curve when first using
Linux in general. My own first experience with Linux were not all that
pleasant but I stuck with it out of bull headed determination and got
through that learning curve. A true "friend" that dumps a Linux box on
someones desk out of the blue would stick around and help them through
the learning curve.

My message to the OP is to have an attitude of, "please help me
understand and learn to use this operating system," if that is what you
really want to do. An, "I want to dump this piece of S___ and get a
Windows machine," attitude is not conducive to getting good assistance

Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must. like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.-Thomas Paine

_ _...  ..._ _
_._  ._  .....  ._..  ...  .._

On Fri, 2014-07-11 at 07:41 -0500, Billie Walsh wrote:
> All I can say about his attitude is that it stinks. It is not typical
> of most people on this list.

It doesn't help to recommend somebody to stay with Linux, when the users
needs fit to Windows. My reply wasn't meant as an insult, it was a
clarification, since the OP seemingly does labour under the
misapprehension that expecting setting up Linux user space is like
installing Windows and Applications running on Windows. It's impertinent
to claim that my attitude is bad. Your behaviour is a shame. You're
insulting me and you're not helping a OP whining about a bad Linux, who
hopes to get a Windows machine soon. If you want to help a novice it's
wise to clarify how to ask smart questions and to make a novice aware
about self-responsibility, doing research, not to switch distros just
because something doesn't work out of the box and not to ask on one
distro's mailing list questions about another distro. My intention was
and still is to help the OP, you simply misinterpret my tone of voice.

Re: switching users... forget it!

support
Ralf
If my mail was anything but constructive in tone towards you apologies
from my side too
All the best,
Nate

On 11/07/2014 21:43, Ralf Mardorf wrote:

> On Fri, 2014-07-11 at 07:41 -0500, Billie Walsh wrote:
>> All I can say about his attitude is that it stinks. It is not typical
>> of most people on this list.
> It doesn't help to recommend somebody to stay with Linux, when the users
> needs fit to Windows. My reply wasn't meant as an insult, it was a
> clarification, since the OP seemingly does labour under the
> misapprehension that expecting setting up Linux user space is like
> installing Windows and Applications running on Windows. It's impertinent
> to claim that my attitude is bad. Your behaviour is a shame. You're
> insulting me and you're not helping a OP whining about a bad Linux, who
> hopes to get a Windows machine soon. If you want to help a novice it's
> wise to clarify how to ask smart questions and to make a novice aware
> about self-responsibility, doing research, not to switch distros just
> because something doesn't work out of the box and not to ask on one
> distro's mailing list questions about another distro. My intention was
> and still is to help the OP, you simply misinterpret my tone of voice.

Re: switching users... forget it!

Accessys@smart.net

yes linux is peculiar about that kind of stuff
I have probably at one time or another used most of the distros
currently have kubuntu 12.4 on my big box but interestingly
when I boot it shows a Debian login page then switches to Kubuntu.
has always done this and appears to be nothing more than "interesting"

as for switching users.

I have my regular users and have set up a "guest" and "service" accounts
so my stuff and root stay off limits.  is easy enough to do in your gui
even got to "System settings" then "User management" and it will ask for
your root password and opens a panel that allows you to set up a new user.

this is graphics in Kubuntu 12.4 but other Kubuntus should be similar

then to switch users is simple logout and log in as new user.

Bob.

On 07/10/2014 11:33 PM, Clay Weber wrote:

> On Thursday, July 10, 2014 11:13:42 PM c. marlow wrote:
>> On Thu, Jul 10, 2014 at 11:08 PM, Juan R. de Silva
>>
>> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> I OP is a troll, which might be the case, then there was no need to reply
>>> to him at all.
>>>
>>> If OP is just a frustrated newbie, which also might be the case, then you
>>> were unreasonably and senselessly rude. Mentoring in a such tone is
>>> counterproductive and not helpful at all. E.g. I praise Little Girl
>>> approach instead.
>>>
>>> Sorry, if my comment touches your feelings.
>>>

>>> --
>> 1. not a troll
>>
>> 2. yes frustrated a bit
>>
>> 3. was just saying / stating that it went bonkers on me... Wasnt being
>> trollish.
> No I didn't detect trollishness, but we all can understand  your frustration
> since we have all been there at some point.
>
> Do feel free  to post here. Mint *is* Kubuntu after all, but there are some
> differences in the programs each one uses, as well as some of the desktop
> default settings. Anything done in one is done in the same fashion in the
> other.
>
> Also, there are plenty of additional user help resources between Mint and
> Kubuntu that one can try as well as this list, such as Mint's forums and
> http://kubuntuforums.net.
>
> I do hope you can keep your Linux box. While Linux is *not* Windows, it
> definitely can be a replacement for it. Heck it can live alongside it in a dual
> boot. I find it fun, myself, and almost never use the command line, and then
> because I want to.

Clay,

well the reason I came here was LM doesnt have a mailing list. =[

and thanks!

CM

Re: switching users... forget it!

Martin Cigorraga
On Fri, Jul 11, 2014 at 12:00 AM, Ralf Mardorf <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Thu, 2014-07-10 at 20:37 -0500, c. marlow wrote:
> I just hope I dont have to put up with LINUX too much longer... Tired
> of reformatting.  Hope to replace this machine with a windows machine
> sooon!!!

Linux is for users with self-responsibility and using some freakish
distro, that does cause you issues, so that you need to sent your
requests to another distro's mailing list is reckless, far away of being
self-responsible. If you need a nanny, than Windows likely is the better
choice for your needs, since Linux isn't a replacement for Windows, it's
not intended to replace Windows, it's for users with needs that are
different from Windows user needs.

Very well thought! I will keep your useful rationale at hand :D
Cheers.