Quantcast

systemd-resolved problem

Carlos Baptista
Hi,

After the upgrade 17.04, the resolver stop using the dns servers
configured by DHCP. I have to use our network dns servers.

Does anybody know how to configure systemd-resolved ?

#systemd-resolve --status
Global
           DNS Domain: mydomain.local
           DNSSEC NTA: 10.in-addr.arpa
16.172.in-addr.arpa
168.192.in-addr.arpa
17.172.in-addr.arpa
18.172.in-addr.arpa
19.172.in-addr.arpa
20.172.in-addr.arpa
21.172.in-addr.arpa
22.172.in-addr.arpa
23.172.in-addr.arpa
24.172.in-addr.arpa
25.172.in-addr.arpa
26.172.in-addr.arpa
27.172.in-addr.arpa
28.172.in-addr.arpa
29.172.in-addr.arpa
30.172.in-addr.arpa
31.172.in-addr.arpa
corp
d.f.ip6.arpa
                       home
                       internal
                       intranet
                       lan
                       local
                       private
                       test

Link 4 (anboxbr0)
       Current Scopes: LLMNR/IPv4 LLMNR/IPv6
        LLMNR setting: yes
MulticastDNS setting: no
       DNSSEC setting: allow-downgrade
     DNSSEC supported: yes

Link 3 (wlo1)
       Current Scopes: none
        LLMNR setting: yes
MulticastDNS setting: no
       DNSSEC setting: allow-downgrade
     DNSSEC supported: yes

Link 2 (enp0s25)
       Current Scopes: DNS LLMNR/IPv4 LLMNR/IPv6
        LLMNR setting: yes
MulticastDNS setting: no
       DNSSEC setting: allow-downgrade
     DNSSEC supported: yes
          DNS Servers: 192.168.1.5
                       192.168.2.5
                       192.168.2.4
                       8.8.8.8
           DNS Domain: mydomain.local

#host server01
Host server01 not found: 2(SERVFAIL)

#host server01.mydomain.local
Host server01.mydomain.local not found: 3(NXDOMAIN)

#host server01.mydomain.local 192.168.1.5
Using domain server:
Name: 192.168.1.5
Address: 192.168.1.5#53
Aliases:

server01.mydomain.local has address 192.168.1.62

Thanks

Carlos Baptista

Re: systemd-resolved problem

Carlos Baptista
Hi,

well, I have a different workaround. I replace the resolv.conf  at
network connect.
But I would prefer to solve the systemd issue...

Carlos

On 20-04-2017 18:18, Bruce Marshall wrote:

> [...]
>> configured by DHCP. I have to use our network dns servers.
>>
>> Does anybody know how to configure systemd-resolved ?
>>

>> #systemd-resolve --status
>> Global
>>           DNS Domain: mydomain.local
>>           DNSSEC NTA: 10.in-addr.arpa
>> 16.172.in-addr.arpa
>> 168.192.in-addr.arpa
>> 17.172.in-addr.arpa
>> 18.172.in-addr.arpa
>> 19.172.in-addr.arpa
>> 20.172.in-addr.arpa
>> 21.172.in-addr.arpa
>> 22.172.in-addr.arpa
>> 23.172.in-addr.arpa
>> 24.172.in-addr.arpa
>> 25.172.in-addr.arpa
>> 26.172.in-addr.arpa
>> 27.172.in-addr.arpa
>> 28.172.in-addr.arpa
>> 29.172.in-addr.arpa
>> 30.172.in-addr.arpa
>> 31.172.in-addr.arpa
>> corp
>> d.f.ip6.arpa
>>                       home
>>                       internal
>>                       intranet
>>                       lan
>>                       local
>>                       private
>>                       test
>>
>> Link 4 (anboxbr0)
>>       Current Scopes: LLMNR/IPv4 LLMNR/IPv6
>>        LLMNR setting: yes
>> MulticastDNS setting: no
>>       DNSSEC setting: allow-downgrade
>>     DNSSEC supported: yes
>>
>> Link 3 (wlo1)
>>       Current Scopes: none
>>        LLMNR setting: yes
>> MulticastDNS setting: no
>>       DNSSEC setting: allow-downgrade
>>     DNSSEC supported: yes
>>
>> Link 2 (enp0s25)
>>       Current Scopes: DNS LLMNR/IPv4 LLMNR/IPv6
>>        LLMNR setting: yes
>> MulticastDNS setting: no
>>       DNSSEC setting: allow-downgrade
>>     DNSSEC supported: yes
>>          DNS Servers: 192.168.1.5
>>                       192.168.2.5
>>                       192.168.2.4
>>                       8.8.8.8
>>           DNS Domain: mydomain.local
>>

>> #host server01
>> Host server01 not found: 2(SERVFAIL)
>>
>> #host server01.mydomain.local
>> Host server01.mydomain.local not found: 3(NXDOMAIN)
>>
>> #host server01.mydomain.local 192.168.1.5
>> Using domain server:
>> Name: 192.168.1.5
>> Address: 192.168.1.5#53
>> Aliases:
>>
>> server01.mydomain.local has address 192.168.1.62
>>

>> Thanks
>>
>> Carlos Baptista
>>

> I have this problem too,...  and have had it prior to 17.04. Tried
> various configurations of systemd-resolved but the only way around the
> problem seems to be a cron job:
>

> */10 * * * *  /usr/sbin/service systemd-resolved restart
>

> The reason it has to be a cron job is that if you run the command one
> time,  problems again show up within about 10 minutes or less/more.

Luca Olivetti
El 18/04/17 a les 16:39, Carlos Baptista ha escrit:
> Hi,
>
> After the upgrade 17.04, the resolver stop using the dns servers
> configured by DHCP. I have to use our network dns servers.
>
> Does anybody know how to configure systemd-resolved ?

See here if you want to disable it and use a working resolver:

https://askubuntu.com/questions/907246/how-to-disable-systemd-resolved-in-ubuntu

Bye
--
Luca

Re: systemd-resolved problem

bmarsh@bmarsh.com
I just ran an update for 17.04 and they updated most of the system-resolved items.

Hope it got fixed.

From: Luca Olivetti <[hidden email]>
To: [hidden email]
Subject: Re: systemd-resolved problem
Date: 4/21/17, 1:25 PM

On 04/21/2017 02:51 PM, Bmarsh wrote:
I just ran an update for 17.04 and they updated most of the system-resolved items.

Hope it got fixed.

No such luck.....   It did NOT solve the problem.

From: Luca Olivetti <[hidden email]>
To: [hidden email]
Date: 4/21/17, 1:25 PM

El 18/04/17 a les 16:39, Carlos Baptista ha escrit:
> Hi,
>
> After the upgrade 17.04, the resolver stop using the dns servers
> configured by DHCP. I have to use our network dns servers.
>
> Does anybody know how to configure systemd-resolved ?

See here if you want to disable it and use a working resolver:

https://askubuntu.com/questions/907246/how-to-disable-systemd-resolved-in-ubuntu

Bye
--
Luca

"Always remember to pillage BEFORE you burn."

From: Luca Olivetti <[hidden email]>
To: [hidden email]
Date: 4/21/17, 1:25 PM

From: Luca Olivetti <[hidden email]>