thunderbird outbox

raymond house
Hi, when I send  email via thunderbird nothing is shown in the outbox
but I can see it in the Gmail sent mail.I have looked at thunderbird
help and trouble shooting and I find nothing about the outbox, why are
my sent messages not shown in the outbox? Any help is appreciated, thanks.

Re: thunderbird outbox

Frank Morris
Typically, that's how it should work. The Outbox is just a temporary
"holding pen" for your email. Once the message has been delivered it
leaves the Outbox and you'll find it in the Sent folder (and the Inbox
of the recipient, hopefully).

On 2017-03-24 07:16 AM, raymond wrote:
Hi, when I send  email via thunderbird nothing is shown in the outbox
but I can see it in the Gmail sent mail.I have looked at thunderbird
help and trouble shooting and I find nothing about the outbox, why are
my sent messages not shown in the outbox? Any help is appreciated, thanks.

Hi Frank, thanks, good to know, I wont try to fix what is not broken!

Re: thunderbird outbox

CrankyOldBugger
What Frank says is correct, but to add to it, if you _do_ see messages in your Outbox and they're not going away, then you have a connection or configuration issue.  So like Frank says, the Outbox is a temporary holding pen, but it's also a "alarm" if there's a problem.

On 2017-03-24 07:16 AM, raymond wrote:
Hi, when I send  email via thunderbird nothing is shown in the outbox
but I can see it in the Gmail sent mail.I have looked at thunderbird
help and trouble shooting and I find nothing about the outbox, why are
my sent messages not shown in the outbox? Any help is appreciated, thanks.

Hi Frank, thanks, good to know, I wont try to fix what is not broken!

OK Jeff, I realize that, it's a good way to know what is happening to sent mail.Thanks

Re: thunderbird outbox

Darcy Casselman
Keep in mind, Thunderbird came out of Netscape Communicator, which was born in the age of dial-up. Outbox is where the mail went waiting for you to dial up again and send in a batch.

Darcy.