tracking new Dapper and Debian sid versions of certain packages

tracking new Dapper and Debian sid versions of certain packages

Shot (Piotr Szotkowski)
Hello.

Is there some easy way/tool allowing me to track new
versions of certain packages in Dapper and Debian sid?

I sometime (back)port some packages to Breezy; current examples are:

mc 1:4.6.1-1ubuntu2   - taken directly from Dapper
xmoto 0.1.7-1~0shot1  - rebuilt from Dapper
dosage 1.5.5-1~0shot1 - rebuilt from Debian sid with lessened build-deps

What I'm looking for is a way to get notified when one of these packages
changes in Dapper, changes in sid or reaches Dapper for the first time.

Cheers,
-- Shot
--
             It is impossible to imagine Goethe or Beethoven being
             good at billiards or golf.           -- H. L. Mencken

Re: tracking new Dapper and Debian sid versions of certain packages

Hervé Cauwelier
Shot - Piotr Szotkowski wrote:
> What I'm looking for is a way to get notified when one of these packages
> changes in Dapper, changes in sid or reaches Dapper for the first time.

For Debian, you can subscribe using the Package Tracking System, see for
instance :
http://packages.qa.debian.org/z/zope2.7.html

Using the form on the middle-left hand, you could be notified when a new
revision is uploaded, when a report is filed or changed, etc. (see the
advanced mode).

I'll let our fellow administrators answer if there's such a tool for
Ubuntu, or when it will be available! ;-)

--
Herv? Cauwelier
http://www.oursours.net/

Re: tracking new Dapper and Debian sid versions of certain packages

Trent Lloyd
On Sun, Nov 06, 2005 at 04:05:58PM +0100, Herv? Cauwelier wrote:

> Shot - Piotr Szotkowski wrote:
> >What I'm looking for is a way to get notified when one of these packages
> >changes in Dapper, changes in sid or reaches Dapper for the first time.
>
> For Debian, you can subscribe using the Package Tracking System, see for
> instance :
> http://packages.qa.debian.org/z/zope2.7.html
>
> Using the form on the middle-left hand, you could be notified when a new
> revision is uploaded, when a report is filed or changed, etc. (see the
> advanced mode).
>
> I'll let our fellow administrators answer if there's such a tool for
> Ubuntu, or when it will be available! ;-)

Well, there is the dapper-changes mailing list (and I think theres
another one for autosyncs from debian)

It'd be *all* packages and somewhat high-traffic, but you could filter
it.

Trent

> --
> Herv? Cauwelier
> http://www.oursours.net/

Trent Lloyd <[hidden email]>
Bur.st Networking Inc.

Re: tracking new Dapper and Debian sid versions of certain packages

Shot (Piotr Szotkowski)
Hello.

Thanks, Hervé and Trent, for your prompt replies!

Hervé Cauwelier:

> For Debian, you can subscribe using the Package Tracking System

This seems to be a very nice tool. It would be great
if something like this was available in Ubuntu. :o)

I also subscribed to the Dapper Changes
RSS feed[1], will see how intensive it is.

[1] http://www.ubuntulinux.nl/files/dapper.xml

Cheers,
-- Shot
--
 I hate leaving Windows 95 boxes publically accessible, so shifting even to
 NT is a blessing in some ways. At least I can reboot them remotely in a sane
====================== http://shot.pl/hovercraft/ === http://shot.pl/1/125/ ===

Re: tracking new Dapper and Debian sid versions of certain packages

Chris Scheib