trouble with password following screen lock

trouble with password following screen lock

Gary J. Kirkpatrick
Using 16.04 and for the first time ever Ubuntu refuses to accept my password following a screen lock, using the Brightness and Lock app.

I do not see any other reports on this, as least with this wording.

garyk

Re: trouble with password following screen lock

Ken D'Ambrosio
On 2017-10-27 09:36, Gary J. Kirkpatrick wrote:
> Using 16.04 and for the first time ever Ubuntu refuses to accept my
> password following a screen lock, using the Brightness and Lock app.
>
> I do not see any other reports on this, as least with this wording.

Try typing your password in the username field (just so it's visible),
and make sure the keyboard isn't getting remapped for some reason; I've
seen, for example, laptops go numlock-on after coming back from sleep,
which can be annoying.

-Ken

Re: trouble with password following screen lock

Colin Law
Does it accept it if you log out and back in?