ubuntu-help/unity-menubar-intro + section Disable the app menu

ubuntu-help/unity-menubar-intro + section Disable the app menu

mh-dixon
Hi All.  Post Review

In Disable the app menu drop down - Click <a href="apt:indicator-appmenu" title="apt:indicator-appmenu">this link to open the Software Center - results in a Chose an application panel - is this a bug?

All other "hidden" links work.

Martin

Re: ubuntu-help/unity-menubar-intro + section Disable the app menu

mh-dixon
Hi John.  Thanks for support from you and Doug.  I am still learning (aren’t we all!)

My terminology is occasionally suspect - by "hidden" and "drop down" I was referring to the two sections preceded by boxed + (I could not reproduce the symbol).
When "opened" these reveal more links (hence I referred to them as 'hidden').

I challenged this one because I believed there should be other advice on the process to open the Software Centre as the link does not and
the panel which opens defaults to a list of recently used documents.  I think the System menu at one time had a link to the software centre.

But, as you say (On an unrelated note) that is another matter (perhaps software not docs?).

Which raises the question is there documentation about the Software Centre in Ubuntu Help?

Martin

On 03/09/13 21:16, Ubuntu/FOSS wrote:
Hi Martin,

What do you mean by the "hidden" links? I'm quite curious.

The link should directly open up the Software Center.  On an unrelated note, how can I set that "Choose an App" panel to point an Software Center or some other app if a list of apps aren't shown?

John Kim
Pylang maintainer

On Sep 3, 2013, at 12:21 PM, Martin Dixon <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi All.  Post Review

In Disable the app menu drop down - Click <a moz-do-not-send="true" href="apt:indicator-appmenu" title="apt:indicator-appmenu">this link to open the Software Center - results in a Chose an application panel - is this a bug?

All other "hidden" links work.

Martin