ubuntu-release-upgrader package translation is broken

ubuntu-release-upgrader package translation is broken

Игорь Зубарев
Hi, Sebastien!

It seems ubuntu-release-upgrader package translation is broken too.
I checked for Russian only. Don't know about other languages.

When I was doing partial upgrade of 20.04 I saw many strings not translated.
I found them in ubuntu-release-upgrader translation. They were translated in 2012 but now they show untranslated in interface!

"Do you want to start the upgrade?"
"To prevent data loss close all open applications and documents."
"%d packages are going to be removed."
"You have to download a total of %s."

I tried 2 times to download PO file, but launchpad didn't send me the link to the email.

Cheers,
Igor

Re: ubuntu-release-upgrader package translation is broken

Gunnar Hjalmarsson
On 2020-04-08 22:51, Игорь Зубарев wrote:
> It seems ubuntu-release-upgrader package translation is broken too.

How is it broken? A few untranslated strings in one language doesn't
count as "package translation broken". I see that you just added
ubuntu-release-upgrader translations to LP.

What am I missing?

--
Gunnar Hjalmarsson
https://launchpad.net/~gunnarhj

Re: ubuntu-release-upgrader package translation is broken

Sebastien Bacher
Hey,

Sorry but I'm not working on that component and doesn't know about the
issue. Please report bugs on launchpad and not via direct email...

Cheers,
Sebastien Bacher

Le 08/04/2020 à 22:51, Игорь Зубарев a écrit :
> Hi, Sebastien!
>
> It seems ubuntu-release-upgrader package translation is broken too.
> I checked for Russian only. Don't know about other languages.

Re: ubuntu-release-upgrader package translation is broken

Игорь Зубарев
Gunnar,

I changed some translations in package. Also I downloaded PO from launchpad to check for broken file. Unfortunately I haven't found any errors in it. It opens fine.

These strings were translated in 2012 but now they are shown as untranslated in application. Where are a lot of untranslated strings. I listed only some of them.

On 2020-04-09 00:16, Игорь Зубарев wrote:
> These strings were translated in 2012 but now they are shown as
> untranslated in application. Where are a lot of untranslated strings.
> I listed only some of them.

So you see strings which are translated in Launchpad but still show up
untranslated when running ubuntu-release-upgrader? That sounds a bit
worrying.

Can you please file a bug.

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/ubuntu-release-upgrader/+filebug

--
Gunnar Hjalmarsson
https://launchpad.net/~gunnarhj

Re: ubuntu-release-upgrader package translation is broken

Игорь Зубарев
Hi Gunnar!

I found similar problem in update-manager.
They both have broken output in embedded terminal windows during update!