updating the subiquity translations

Michael Hudson-Doyle
Hi all,

Thank you so much those of you who have translated subiquity. I've created a branch to update the translations from the work you have done in Launchpad (https://github.com/CanonicalLtd/subiquity/pull/310). I also uploaded a new .pot file a few hours ago, so if you have time over the next week or so to update your translations, that would be great!

I'm sorry we've been so slack about keeping this side of things up to date over the last few months.

Cheers (and thanks again!),
mwh

Re: updating the subiquity translations

Yaron Shahrabani

Is this correct?
There percentage sign (%) appears twice while in the previous string it appears once, what is the purpose of this placeholder?

Yaron Shahrabani
<DevOps - Hebrew translator>

On 12 April 2018 at 21:25, Yaron Shahrabani <[hidden email]> wrote:

Is this correct?
There percentage sign (%) appears twice while in the previous string it appears once, what is the purpose of this placeholder?

That's there because the string gets fed through % formatting twice (the %%s becomes %s after the first formatting), once to produce either IPv4 or IPv6 and then again to append the list of addresses. This bit of the UI is probably not written in a very translatable way, sorry :(

Cheers,
mwh

Yaron Shahrabanis

On 12 April 2018 at 14:43, Michael Hudson-Doyle <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi all,

Thank you so much those of you who have translated subiquity. I've created a branch to update the translations from the work you have done in Launchpad (https://github.com/CanonicalLtd/subiquity/pull/310). I also uploaded a new .pot file a few hours ago, so if you have time over the next week or so to update your translations, that would be great!

Thanks so much to all those who contributed translations! Sadly I screwed up preparing the previous .pot and missed a bunch of translateable strings. I've uploaded a fixed version, and if any of you have time to update your translations again, that would be beyond awesome.

Cheers,
mwh
(and sorry again for messing up)

On 18 April 2018 at 20:53, Michael Hudson-Doyle <[hidden email]> wrote:

On 12 April 2018 at 14:43, Michael Hudson-Doyle <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi all,

Thank you so much those of you who have translated subiquity. I've created a branch to update the translations from the work you have done in Launchpad (https://github.com/CanonicalLtd/subiquity/pull/310). I also uploaded a new .pot file a few hours ago, so if you have time over the next week or so to update your translations, that would be great!

Thanks so much to all those who contributed translations! Sadly I screwed up preparing the previous .pot and missed a bunch of translateable strings. I've uploaded a fixed version, and if any of you have time to update your translations again, that would be beyond awesome.

I found even more missing strings and uploaded another template (this shouldn't invalidate any existing translations at least). Hopefully this is the last time I'll do this until development resumes after the Bionic release...

Cheers,
mwh

Re: updating the subiquity translations

Åka Sikrom
Hi Michael,

>if any of you have time to
>update your
>translations again, that would be beyond awesome.

Assuming subiquity follows the 18.04 Final Freeze deadline, which is/was today, any translations submitted at this point will not be included in the initial release, right?
If there is still a real chance of getting new translations in for the initial release, please let us know how much time we have left.
If not, it is most probably not worth prioritising subiquity for translations until we approach the next language pack rebuild, which I expect will be around end of June.

Either way, thanks for all your efforts.

Best regards,
Åka Sikrom

Re: updating the subiquity translations

Michael Hudson-Doyle

On Thu, 19 Apr 2018, 17:11 Åka Sikrom, <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Michael,

>if any of you have time to
>update your
>translations again, that would be beyond awesome.

Assuming subiquity follows the 18.04 Final Freeze deadline, which is/was today, any translations submitted at this point will not be included in the initial release, right?
If there is still a real chance of getting new translations in for the initial release, please let us know how much time we have left.
If not, it is most probably not worth prioritising subiquity for translations until we approach the next language pack rebuild, which I expect will be around end of June.

Ah, subiquity for better or worse is not distributed via the archive but as a snap. I think any translations done by Monday next week can easily be included.

Either way, thanks for all your efforts.

Thank you for yours!

Cheers,
mwh