who maintains mailman 2.1 for ubuntu 18.04.1?

who maintains mailman 2.1 for ubuntu 18.04.1?

Dave Stevens
I installed webmin-virtualmin-mailman and mailman in that order. I
have a problem with the installation and asked on the mailman list and
was referred to the maintainer of the distribution's version. I don't
know a) who that is or b) how to find out (apart from asking here).

Anyone?

Dave

--
"As long as politics is the shadow cast on society by big business,
the attenuation of the shadow will not change the substance."

-- John Dewey

Re: who maintains mailman 2.1 for ubuntu 18.04.1?

Steve Susbauer
You can always check out the package, such as
https://packages.ubuntu.com/bionic/mailman

Mailman is maintained by the Ubuntu Core Developers. Posting your
issue here to ubuntu-users is probably the best first step, if there
is a bug then you could check if somebody has already reported it or
open up a new report (the bug report link is on the same webpage).

-Steve
On Tue, Oct 9, 2018 at 10:24 AM Dave Stevens <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I installed webmin-virtualmin-mailman and mailman in that order. I
> have a problem with the installation and asked on the mailman list and
> was referred to the maintainer of the distribution's version. I don't
> know a) who that is or b) how to find out (apart from asking here).
>
> Anyone?
>
> Dave
>

> --
> "As long as politics is the shadow cast on society by big business,
> the attenuation of the shadow will not change the substance."
>
> -- John Dewey

Re: who maintains mailman 2.1 for ubuntu 18.04.1?

Dave Stevens
On Tue, 9 Oct 2018 13:09:44 -0700
Steve Susbauer <[hidden email]> wrote:

> You can always check out the package, such as
> https://packages.ubuntu.com/bionic/mailman
>
> Mailman is maintained by the Ubuntu Core Developers. Posting your
> issue here to ubuntu-users is probably the best first step, if there
> is a bug then you could check if somebody has already reported it or
> open up a new report (the bug report link is on the same webpage).
>
> -Steve

Thanks, Steve,

I've got as far as seeing that non-delivery of mail is related to
qrunner not being active. If I start qrunner manually like this:

sudo /usr/lib/mailman/bin/qrunner --runner=All

It immediately goes to work delivering mail, although it's sucking 100%
cpu on a nice Xeon 4-core. cron is running, mailmanctl is not.

I don't understand the startup sequence for mailmanctl, which I
understand is responsible for starting qrunners (8 at most I think).

> On Tue, Oct 9, 2018 at 10:24 AM Dave Stevens <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> >
> > I installed webmin-virtualmin-mailman and mailman in that order. I
> > have a problem with the installation and asked on the mailman list
> > and was referred to the maintainer of the distribution's version. I
> > don't know a) who that is or b) how to find out (apart from asking
> > here).
> >
> > Anyone?
> >
> > Dave
> >

> > --
> > "As long as politics is the shadow cast on society by big business,
> > the attenuation of the shadow will not change the substance."
> >
> > -- John Dewey
> >

> > --

In modern fantasy (literary or governmental), killing people is the
usual solution to the so-called war between good and evil. My books are
not conceived in terms of such a war, and offer no simple answers to
simplistic questions.

----- Ursula Le Guin